Suggestions on Subwoofer

shiladitya

Hi All,

I am from India, presently in Canada and have purchased Axiom Speaker System (would be bringing the same to India) :

1. M22 v2
2. VP100 V2
3. QS4 Surround

I have a Yamaha RX-V657 bought some 2 years back in India. Presently I am looking for a good sub woofer to complement the System. My budget is INR 20K (CAD 500).

It would be great if you guys can suggest.

Regards,
Shiladitya

where are you in Canada? I am travelling through now and can suggest some places for sub shopping. BTW, you have good gear. You could also try a M2 for the center if you so wish.

Hi All,

I am from India, presently in Canada and have purchased Axiom Speaker System (would be bringing the same to India) :

1. M22 v2
2. VP100 V2
3. QS4 Surround

I have a Yamaha RX-V657 bought some 2 years back in India. Presently I am looking for a good sub woofer to complement the System. My budget is INR 20K (CAD 500).

Regards,
Shiladitya

Hi All,

1. M22 v2
2. VP100 V2
3. QS4 Surround

Regards,
Shiladitya

Wharf 150 & mordauntshort subs are within 20K INR

I would listen the Polk this week end. Essentially I have quite some time to decide on this. So would be planning to listen to as many as possible. I found some good reviews on HSU VTF series, but did not find a listening room :sad:.

Anyone there to enlighten me on this??

I would listen the Polk this week end. Essentially I have quite some time to decide on this. So would be planning to listen to as many as possible. I found some good reviews on HSU VTF series, but did not find a listening room :sad:.

If you can make it to Markham, then I believe that electronicsforless has couple. Give them a call and Mason should be able to help you out. They are also the only Canadian supplier of SVS products under a different name called SonicBoomAudio (same premises). check out the pb10, 12, 13-nsd. Mason is a great guy to deal with again. However these are all over your budget but worthwhile a listen to as it will only cost you a car ride.

Ofcourse this will make polk and Klipsch and others go on their knees, but it takes different folks to make up this world.

Last edited:
I found some good reviews on HSU VTF series, but did not find a listening room :sad:.

Aditya, what would you like to hear about the Hsu? As you may know it was the only sub under 500$ that was ever in the Stereophile class 'A' recommended list. I bought one blind, and I have never heard any sub sound better. Very deep, very fast, and does not exaggerate any low frequency. Though it is specified as 30-90Hz, it has been measured to go as low as 20Hz.

The HSU is a safe purchase if you are so inclined.

Cheers.

Where did you get your HSU from and what model did you go for? Essentially I would prefer to buy it from India unless I dont get it at a decent price. Its kind of difficult to carry it as a part of your check in baggage :).

In case I can get it in India any pointers for dealers in Kolkata or Bangalore would be gr8.

... Its kind of difficult to carry it as a part of your check in baggage :).

If that is your option, just come home free and buy it. Its simply a no no. Even the 8 inch VTF (the older model) is bigger than the suggested luggage size. Let you not have any doubts about carrying it personally.

Where did you get your HSU from and what model did you go for? Essentially I would prefer to buy it from India unless I dont get it at a decent price. Its kind of difficult to carry it as a part of your check in baggage :).

In case I can get it in India any pointers for dealers in Kolkata or Bangalore would be gr8.

I am sorry, but the Hsu is not available in India. I picked it from a dealer in Singapore and brought it with me on a flight. But, I believe that dealer has also stopped selling Hsu anymore, or has been stopped by Hsu. I don't find him anymore of Hsu's site.

As Marsilians says, carrying these things is a challenge. The carton is a minimum 21 inch cube and weight upwards of 25 Kgs. But, if you are coming back to India on a transfer, you will certainly have some laxity on part of the customs, though you may have to have some paperwork ready. Check with your airline, how much luggage they will allow you to carry.

If sold in India, I would expect the Hsu mark 3 to go for a minimum 1000$ given the exchange rate, customs, transportation, dealer margin etc.

Cheers

Essentially, I'll be bringing my 5 axiom speakers (2 M22, 2 Q4s and 1 VP100) in May and would be going back again in June for another 3-6 months...before I come back for good. My plan is to get the Subwoofer when I come back the second time. I need to evaluate firstly what I should buy, if the one that I like is not available in India then I would buy it here and either ship it or carry it as a part of check in baggage (which ever is cheaper).

Essentially, I'll be bringing my 5 axiom speakers (2 M22, 2 Q4s and 1 VP100) in May and would be going back again in June for another 3-6 months...before I come back for good. My plan is to get the Subwoofer when I come back the second time. I need to evaluate firstly what I should buy, if the one that I like is not available in India then I would buy it here and either ship it or carry it as a part of check in baggage (which ever is cheaper).

I suggest ship it via sea with insurance as you go to Canada 2nd time. Should arrive in time when you return (couple months). Cheaper and much better option than carrying it around.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back