Suggestions please...Want to upgrade my old BPL music system

Sand,
Something like the onkyo 3100 would be good enough. It costs 18k.

Where is it at this price? Pls let me know.

There was a sale last year at Central eZone Pune, where they sold it at 16K. I missed it just by an hour before it was sold out. I don't know if that bargain is ever going to come again :(

hi all
i am posting for the first time and am not too sure whether this is the right place to do it , but since my queries are very similar to sand64, am posting here ( mods may please edit if reqd)
i am selling off my dear old Sony MHC GR88 system and am in the process of doing rounds of Bose/ JBL stores looking for a good sound system . My requirements are :
Bedroom ~ 400 sqft
complete package with DVD, MP3, MP4, FM AM etc, etc
Not reqiured to upgrade/uplink with my HT(LG ) in drawing room
demo/review/ shop/brand/service centre should be available in Delhi( i am in Ghaziabad)
Budget ~ 50k (stretchable widely to suit taste)
1 compact package(not requiring too much fiddling/wiring/tech know how, since i am a complete novice !!)
wireless speakers if possible(floor/bookshelf any type)

Tech gurus please help (with addresses/phone numbers of the stores)
Thanks !!!

Hi friends...

I am having a old music system from BPL (model No.D-1000 with a pair of 4-way floorstander T-1000) which I purchased way back in 1998.

I liked it when I purchased it but within 2-3 years of owning it, I felt I want more.... Throgh this forum I came know about big brand names like yamha, onkyo, but being small town guy of Lucknow, never got chances to audition any one of these.....

Anyone knowing about this BPL system may suggest If I should discard my existing system or should I upgrade it. I have a budget of 50-60k but surely look for optimum value for money. On the other hand I would never mind spending more than 100k (in phases) for a decent system. I am more in music than movies but will prefer 5.1 system...

Also in my BPL system, at half the volume levels, speakers start booming or sound becomes a bit noisy, muddy and distorted. What does it indicate.... powerful amp & weak speakers ????

Will be greatful for suggestions

thanks & regards..

If you are going to sell this BPl D1000 system, pls let me know.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back