Suggestions regarding purchase of Atmos AVR

ravi_buz

Hey Guys I am thinking of getting an AVR now bcoz i have over 6 devices that has to be plugged in to my TV which has only 3 ports. I wanted to setup home theater but due to lack of space going for a AVR + Sound bar and will be moving to my new home soon and will buy speakers later. So my questions are -

1. Buying an AVR now and buying speakers after a year is a good idea?
2. I am planning to pick one of those Dolby Atmos AVR from Onkyo, any idea about these?

I will use it mostly to watch TV, movies and xbox. I wont listen to music that much.

Completely new in home theater set up so all ideas/ suggestions are appreciated.

Get a HDMI slipper to increase the ports on your TV.
Makes no sense to get an AVR one year before getting speakers specially now with the whole HDCP 2.2started to being implemented in the current gen receivers.
Any active soundbar should fit the bill fr them moment

Get a HDMI slipper to increase the ports on your TV.
Makes no sense to get an AVR one year before getting speakers specially now with the whole HDCP 2.2started to being implemented in the current gen receivers.
Any active soundbar should fit the bill fr them moment

Thanks for that piece of info. I just went to Onkyo website and checked all of its Atmos AVR and they are all 2.2 compatible. I already have a Samsung Soundbar. The point in getting the AVR 1 year ahead was to save enough and buy instead of buying it all at one time.

I dont get the point of getting an Atmos receiver when you do not have any content out there publicly available to play your movies....Atmos or DTS:X is miles away from general purpose use and now strictly being used in theaters..

I would suggest to invest money in buying good network support AVR like Yamaha YHT 377/477/677 and save the money in buying good speakers....

I dont get the point of getting an Atmos receiver when you do not have any content out there publicly available to play your movies.
Just some of the publicly available Blu-rays with Atmos tracks:

1. Transformers: Age of Extinction
  2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  3. Step up All In
  4. Expendables 3
  5. John Wick
  6. On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter
  7. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
  8. Unbroken
  9. Gravity
  10. American Sniper
  11. Jupiter Ascending
  12. The Gunman
  13. The Divergent Series: Insurgent
  14. Lucy
  15. Chicago
  16. I, Frankenstein
  17. Transcendence
  18. Metallica: Through The Never
You can even get a Bollywood movie (Mary Kom) on Blu-ray with an Atmos track.
Atmos or DTS:X is miles away from general purpose use and now strictly being used in theaters.
DTS:X was launched in April and has never been used in theatres.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back