Suggestions Required for Good Headphone for attending WFH meeting

Flipkart Big Billion Day
Soundcore Life Note True Wireless Bluetooth Headset

I have been using Jabra Evolve 75 for about 6 months now. But every time after attending an 1 hour call, I feel pain on my ears and have to take it out. I can’t have it at a stretch for more than an hour.

Also I had the USB Link 370 Bluetooth adapter so that I can use the headphone wirelessly. But the usb link 370 stopped working after about 3 months. I tried raising a ticket with Jabra India but no one ever responded even after repeated emails. I tried calling the support phone and it goes into voicemail every single time !

Very strange - I have had he evolve 75 for over a year now, and i find it extremely comfortable.
Btw, the usb link 370 is not needed for regular use - any regular bluetooth adapter will do fine - just you will not be able to use the Jabra direct app to configure it, and range might be lesser. I got mine second hand, and did not have the USB dongle until very recently when i bought an evolve 75e on sale

Using office provided Jabra UC Voice 550 MS USB powered headset, not wireless. Lightweight and comfortable for long calls. Boom mic is very good but look elsewhere for listening to music.

Using Jabra Elite 65e neckband style headset. Been using it for almost 4 years now. Using it heavily for WFH since lockdown started. Great battery backup and environmental noise cancellation. It filters out most of the noises like the blowing wind which can be very distracting if you are sitting in a windy location. I have converted my balcony into my office as that's the only place my kids will not disturb me, else I get frequently interrupted by door knocks. Sitting in the balcony, it filters out most of the noise, especially vehicular traffic, the wind, kids playing etc. On calls nobody has ever complained there is too much background noise, even though I know there is quite a lot happening on my side!

Its a general thought going around that very few true wireless headsets are good for calling. I have heard that some of the TWS that have a stem are better for call quality. But my preference for WFH will be neckband wireless headsets. You can just dangle them on your neck when not in use and you wont misplace them. They have larger battery, greater voice pickup due to the mic being closer to your face. But the best ones that cannot be beat are the over head headphones which come with a mic boom. For call quality, a mic boom is simply the best for voice pickup, whether it is a wireless or a usb wired headset.

If you can splurge a little extra and depending on how mobile you need to be, you can consider a earphone with active noise cancellation. I use a Sony WF-1000XM3. Its has good noise cancellation, perfect for drowning out ambient noise. Plus, the earphones are light and the fit is snug enough for you to move around as I have taken quite a few office calls during my evening strolls, something i would never try a pair of headphones but YMMV. On such occasions, the active noise cancellation is a boon.

Another vote for Jabra. I am using Jabra Evolve series wired given by office. One of the best. It is very soft never felt painful. Keeps outside noise isolated. surround noice cancellation works at its best when speaking on mic. Only issue I had is wear and tear, cusions on the ear cups started falling off. it supported me for 2years and still managing ;)

Can anybody neckband earphone which has dedicated mute button with good microphone quality (not necessarily noise cancellation as I've separate room, noise reduction would be enough), additionally it would great if it switch between devices ?

I have Sennheiser Epos with a usb connection model, meant for call centers and wfh. Works great for me. Plugs straight into the laptop and no issues with sound and voice quality.

My personal pair for calls, music, on the go use is Focal Listen and they were a bit hard to get used to at first as the headband did put a bit more pressure than required on the skull but post a few weeks of use they got more comfortable. They are closed back phones with good isolation with a very good mic and good for on the go music and calls from a mobile too.

Another option would be ATH M50x or others in the series with an audio technica boom mic attached made for this line. Again great for wfh meetings, music, on the road stuff etc.

It all depends on the budget and application.

Some of the best headphones are
Sennheiser PC 8. The Sennheiser PC 8 headphone can be connected by plugging them into the USB port.
JBL Quantum 100 by Harman.
Infinity Glide 510 by Harman

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back