Suggestions to choose a 40-46'' LED (Budget 65K max)

The E6D is a VA panel for 42" & 50" and IPS for 32". I think Sony W800 is IPS as are the W650/670. PQ of E6D is far better than W650/670 at least.
I must thank Dirac for the E6 thread though I bought mine just a few days before it was started. Good to let people know of a fabulous product especially when it is not from the first choice of brands.

Last edited:
@adder No offence but it was your post in this thread that I had taken my reference from. Please see if you can confirm which is correct.
Following from hdtvtest.co.uk:
The Sony KDL-42W653A uses a VA-type LCD panel supplied by Taiwanese vendor AUO (AU Optronics), which translates to deep blacks by LED LCD standards.
The MVA LCD panel deployed on the Panasonic TX-L42E6B has really done wonders for its black-level performance. After calibration, we recorded the TVs unassisted black level (i.e. using an ANSI checkerboard pattern) at 0.0268 cd/m2, a supremely impressive figure
[Unquote]

sorry I don't want 3D :indifferent14:

No 3d...then it's a no brainer...gotta be the panasonic E6...period.

Though according to reviews both the Sony w650 n panny e6 have Great PQ n black levels etc.
But, few members here have now bought e6 have clearly mentioned that 42E6 Has superior picture then w650/670.
E6 has comes in 50" if someone is interested in an even larger size n costs just a shade above 70k.

@adder No offence but it was your post in this thread that I had taken my reference from. Please see if you can confirm which is correct.
Thats a old post ,posted just a few days after the launch of those tvs in india ,I have since said its a VA panel.

No 3d...then it's a no brainer...gotta be the panasonic E6...period.

Though according to reviews both the Sony w650 n panny e6 have Great PQ n black levels etc.
But, few members here have now bought e6 have clearly mentioned that 42E6 Has superior picture then w650/670.
E6 has comes in 50" if someone is interested in an even larger size n costs just a shade above 70k.

How about the failure rate and warranty?
Never had Panasonic thing in my life. Sony can be more trusted than Panasonic.

One more point, don't we have better refresh rate TVs in the market?

E6 has 100Hz refresh rate seems to be just Ok. I would like to have one with more than 120Hz refresh rate with IPS panel

Well...there are plenty of members here who have Panasonic tvs...I am sure they'll let u know better. Regarding panel faluire rates, u'll find number of Sony, Samsung, lg etc all failing prematurely...so essentially in terms of reliability I don't think any of the tvs brands is better or worse then the other. All are equality good or bad when it comes to reliability.
Mind you, if u are concerned about faluire, Panasonic is the only one giving you a standard 3 yr warranty compared to Sony,Samsung, Lg's 1 yr warranty.
So there you go...if Panasonic was so bad...they would never give u a standard 3 yr warranty.

There are tons n tons Of members here with Panasonic tvs n swere by them.
Both are Japanese manufacturers and both the brands forte has been televisions since ages.

Yes, I know in india sony is just overhyped, I am not saying that it doesn't make good tvs, it does I too have one...but there are other brands which make equally good products or even better.
Just because u dont own one or never have, doesn't make Panasonic inferior to Sony, I too have never owned a Panasonic tv.
Just go through the threads like I told you, you will find plenty of threads on Panasonic n plenty of members who have recently oughtn't the 42E6 over a Sony W650/670 .

Regarding how good or bad this particular tv is...the E6 nn clear any doubts you have about Panasonic. Just go through these links n there is a also complete thread on this forum on the E6, the title is "is E6 the best LED by Panasonic".

Panasonic TX-L32E6B review from the experts at whathifi.com
Panasonic TX-L42E6B/ TX-L42E6 (E6) Review
Best TVs to buy in 2013 | whathifi.com
Panasonic TX-L39E6 review - TV - Trusted Reviews
Panasonic TX-L32E6B review (TX-L39E6B, TX-L42E6B, TX-L50E6B) | Expert Reviews

The first 2 links are considered to be the most genuine n widely accepted from whathifi magazine n the very technical HDTVtest.

Panasonic has horrible after sales service in India, better go for Samsung or Sony along with extended warranty. Panasonic will give you lots headache even for warranty repairs.

Panasonic has horrible after sales service in India, better go for Samsung or Sony along with extended warranty. Panasonic will give you lots headache even for warranty repairs.

Well, let me tell my experience in this regard.
One of my 3d glasses went for a toss soon after I bought my st50. The small switch for on/off of the active 3d glass went caput.
I called my dealer ,TMC and he was very helping in that he booked a complaint.
Within three days panasonic customer care called me and asked me to get the glasses to the service center for repair. They even said that they would replace it if it is irreparable.
Its a different thing that I did not go to the service center due to paucity of time and eventual loss of interest in 3d.
The issue may be small. But my experience is good.

Well, let me tell my experience in this regard.
One of my 3d glasses went for a toss soon after I bought my st50. The small switch for on/off of the active 3d glass went caput.
I called my dealer ,TMC and he was very helping in that he booked a complaint.
Within three days panasonic customer care called me and asked me to get the glasses to the service center for repair. They even said that they would replace it if it is irreparable.
Its a different thing that I did not go to the service center due to paucity of time and eventual loss of interest in 3d.
The issue may be small. But my experience is good.

That is 3D glasses issue is irrelevant, Panasonic Television support is horrible in India and that is a fact, you can see customers crying on this very forum on being treated like dirt by Panasonic even during warranty period. If there are other better options then why not go for them instead like LG, samsung and Sony.

I sometimes feel that too much of significance is being given to this so called "customer support" and " treating like dirt".
Sony or sammy or the great Lg are not here to do any social service. There are lots of issues with them too.
We buy a tv based on it's picture quality and thats it.
We are not buying heavy machinery here which requires regular service and oiling.

That is 3D glasses issue is irrelevant, Panasonic Television support is horrible in India and that is a fact, you can see customers crying on this very forum on being treated like dirt by Panasonic even during warranty period. If there are other better options then why not go for them instead like LG, samsung and Sony.

Well...have u personally had a bad experience with after sales of Panasonic ??
See, I hear complaints about all the brands including Sony or LG or sammy or even panny.
Though not pertaining to a LCD tv, I have a Samsung 550 litre fridge n have had terrible experience with their after sales, that I would never buy a Samsung fridge again.
Now, I have a Philips 32" LCD which I bought in 2010, n before that I had a Philips 29" CRT HDTV. Yes, it was a proper 100hz 480p/1080i Flicker free CRT tv with outstanding PQ which went kaput in its 6th yr n was irrepairable.

Now, u see i am a very satisfied customer of Philips n have had excellent experience with Philips after sales. Even though we all know that Philips is not manufacturing LCD.
Now, this might be contrarary to most, as I've mostly heard only negative feedback of after sales support by Philips.

So, u see I never listened to people when buying a Philips tv...everybody else told me to get a Sony even when I bought the Philips CRT n after when I bought the Philips LCD. I don't regret my decision even a tiny bit n have been blown away with Philips PQ surpassing any Sony pony tv at its time n pretty decent after sales.

I would again buy Philips in a heartbeat if they give us their new 2013 led range...I've been so satisfied with them.

So, u see I never listened to people when buying a Philips tv...everybody else told me to get a Sony even when I bought the Philips CRT n after when I bought the Philips LCD. I don't regret my decision even a tiny bit n have been blown away with Philips PQ surpassing any Sony pony tv at its time n pretty decent after sales.

I would again buy Philips in a heartbeat if they give us their new 2013 led range...I've been so satisfied with them.

Same here on both points though I have not needed any after sales for my 5 year old Philips LCD. Really wonder why Philips do not bring their latest range to India.

Very true. My brother bought a phillips 32 inch 720p lcd(ofcourse at my behest) 5 years ago and it is still going great guns.
He lovingly calls it his "plasma".

Whatever we say, the fact remains, ass is one of the most critical factor for any expensive stuff... And we have many examples in the world , that ass can help you gain market... Like Maruti in automotive or Tata in trucks... Inspite of pwople knowing that products from other companies are better, still market picked these companies.. But I agree to the fact that, u can not win market merely on ass, you need to have a good prodict, if not the best...

Whatever we say, the fact remains, ass is one of the most critical factor for any expensive stuff... And we have many examples in the world , that ass can help you gain market... Like Maruti in automotive or Tata in trucks... Inspite of pwople knowing that products from other companies are better, still market picked these companies.. But I agree to the fact that, u can not win market merely on ass, you need to have a good prodict, if not the best...

Which ass? Did not get you bro.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back