Suggestions to Set up stereo system for 1 lakh.

reddysarvesh

I need to set up stereo system for living room of 15 x 12 feet and my budget is 1 lakh, I have posted few threads before some suggested marantz, cambridge and nad and when comes to speakers few suggested Elac, Wharfedale, Dali. My interest to have floor standing big speakers with good bass, I listen to both western and old regional songs.
I have gone through few Integrated amplifiers
1) Marantz PM7005 : I like this because, Made in Japan, Good review but draw back is no retail dealer in Bangalore and no sub woofer out ( But available in Hi-fi mart, My conern is service and etc..)
2) Cambridge cxa60: Good, but no good reviews and low build quality.
3) Nad c338 : No idea on this.

Coming to speakers I have gone through following
1) dynaudio but very expensive,
2) 2nd one I looked into is Wharfedale Diamond 230 [ Good and suits to by budget but not aware of quality and sound, Since these are not available in Bangalore
I have no change for demo ]
3) KEF C7 [ Is looking good but no review any where ]
4) KEF Q series very expensive

KEF Q300 are better speakers and great value for money as prices slashed these days.
For amplifier, vintage sansui AU-series amplifiers are great value for money.
I have a setup with Sansui AU717 clubbed with KEF Q300 and synergy is quite well.

Please look at Tannoy Eclipse 3 Floor stander model which made its entry in 2016 I believe. I feel they are good and be considered as alternate choice for Wharfedale 230. You can demo this @Domlur Modern world showroom. Price is around 35K

Please look at Tannoy Eclipse 3 Floor stander model which made its entry in 2016 I believe. I feel they are good and be considered as alternate choice for Wharfedale 230. You can demo this @Domlur Modern world showroom. Price is around 35K
Since the mid/bass size of Tannoy Eclipse 3 woofer is 5'', does they pump good bass sound?

Look at the Acoustic Portrait Swara amp.
75 wpc. Under 40k
They are from Bangalore.
acousticportrait.com
The Swara amp is not on their website.

Go with Cambridge audio cxa60 for sub output.
If you plan to add subwoofer or intend for good bass( so that you can add a sub later) then go for bookshelf speakers. Like kef q350.

Thanks. For speakers I have decided b/w Tannoy Eclipse 3 and Wharfedale Diamond 230.
For amplifier I like Marantz 7005 But no sub woofer out and I like this because it is Made in Japan. Secondly NAD and Cambridge. I am some what struck in amplifiers...
1) If I use any of above floor standing do I need sub woofer out?
One thing To reject Nad and Cambridge is they are made in China.

Thanks. For speakers I have decided b/w Tannoy Eclipse 3 and Wharfedale Diamond 230.
For amplifier I like Marantz 7005 But no sub woofer out and I like this because it is Made in Japan. Secondly NAD and Cambridge. I am some what struck in amplifiers...
1) If I use any of above floor standing do I need sub woofer out?
One thing To reject Nad and Cambridge is they are made in China.
Yeah.. you will need a sub for movies..

For amplifier I like Marantz 7005 But no sub woofer out
Several brands like Bic America (F12, PL200), Velodyne (Impact), Polk (DSW) have speaker level connectivity specifically useful for such amps. Use speaker cables and connect amp -> sub -> speakers.

bic-f12-220-800x800.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back