Suitable Amplifier for my music system

Pawanjot Singh

Can someone please suggest to me an amplifier? Following is the link to the manual of my music system so that you guys can check the specification, I wouldn't be sure what all needs to be kept in mind to look for a compatible amp.

Hi, what you have is an all-in-one system. In case you want to hook it to an external amplifier (and speakers), you will need to take line out. so please check if this option is available in this system. however, before investing in a good amplifier, please realize you will have to invest in good speakers and sources also. Probably, speakers are the place to start matching with amp.

Can someone please suggest to me an amplifier? Following is the link to the manual of my music system so that you guys can check the specification, I wouldn't be sure what all needs to be kept in mind to look for a compatible amp.

What's the issue, is it dead? If yes, better to replace the main unit with another stereo amplifier. As per spec, front speakers are 6-16ohms which most amps can manage.

MaSh

I have the main unit of a similar system.
It is posted in the Sale section.
If it suits your requirement and you need more details kindly send a message.

Hi, what you have is an all-in-one system. In case you want to hook it to an external amplifier (and speakers), you will need to take line out. so please check if this option is available in this system. however, before investing in a good amplifier, please realize you will have to invest in good speakers and sources also. Probably, speakers are the place to start matching with amp.
I am sorry I don't know what "Line out" means here.
I have the speakers of this same system and I want to use them as they sound pretty good despite being 20 years old. Sharing the Picture of the back of both amp and speaker and also sharing the link of video of the system that someone posted on youtube.

Attachments

• IMG_20160309_090902012.jpg
    IMG_20160309_090902012.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20160304_133542446.jpg
    IMG_20160304_133542446.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 31
What's the issue, is it dead? If yes, better to replace the main unit with another stereo amplifier. As per spec, front speakers are 6-16ohms which most amps can manage.

MaSh
Yes, Its dead, it's fan has stopped working and the repair guy said he will have to get the part from sony itself since these parts are difficult to come by nowadays. And though I can have it fixed from a local shop for Rs3-4k but I don't want to do that anymore since I've been getting it fix from the past few years and it doesn't make sense anymore to keep spending money on it. For the same amount or adding a few more bucks gets me new amp that supports aux and bluetooth connectivity would be better now.

MaSh
I checked amps on amazon and Ahuja came up. Can you please check if this will be compatible with my system?

If not, can you suggest me any below 10k, preferably around 5k.
Thank you.

Yes, Its dead, it's fan has stopped working and the repair guy said he will have to get the part from sony itself since these parts are difficult to come by nowadays. And though I can have it fixed from a local shop for Rs3-4k but I don't want to do that anymore since I've been getting it fix from the past few years and it doesn't make sense anymore to keep spending money on it. For the same amount or adding a few more bucks gets me new amp that supports aux and bluetooth connectivity would be better now.
Yes a stereo amp with a nice dac might also improve the sound quality.
I checked amps on amazon and Ahuja came up. Can you please check if this will be compatible with my system?

If not, can you suggest me any below 10k, preferably around 5k.
Thank you.
Not sure about the Ahuja. Never heard one in a home setting. However, in that budget you may want to check out this Marantz on sale. Add a bluetooth receiver to it and you should have a nice sounding setup.

MaSh

Yes a stereo amp with a nice dac might also improve the sound quality.

Not sure about the Ahuja. Never heard one in a home setting. However, in that budget you may want to check out this Marantz on sale. Add a bluetooth receiver to it and you should have a nice sounding setup.

MaSh
Oh okay. Thanks, man. I will check out the link you shared regarding Marantz.

'Marantz' used one suggested by MaSh looks pretty good, value for money and within your budget. Investing on such receivers will allow for future upgrade in speakers.
IMO the speakers of home stereo micro systems might be high sensitivity, matching with low power amps within 20W will get you the best music. You can look for small Stereo Receiver with BT, something like Onkyo CR-N765 https://www.justdial.com/Onkyo-Audio-System-CR-N765/pid-11332683 It seems this model is not available online, but you can find it at local dealers/stores.
You may also check this tiny beast and no mess-up https://www.amazon.in/Nobsound-4330...r=K6A6N5XAGT9NVP477C4H&qid=1612917514&sr=8-17

Last edited:
'Marantz' used one suggested by MaSh looks pretty good, value for money and within your budget. Investing on such receivers will allow for future upgrade in speakers.
IMO the speakers of home stereo micro systems might be high sensitivity, matching with low power amps within 20W will get you the best music. You can look for small Stereo Receiver with BT, something like Onkyo CR-N765 https://www.justdial.com/Onkyo-Audio-System-CR-N765/pid-11332683 It seems this model is not available online, but you can find it at local dealers/stores.
You may also check this tiny beast and no mess-up https://www.amazon.in/Nobsound-4330...r=K6A6N5XAGT9NVP477C4H&qid=1612917514&sr=8-17
Oh okay. Thanks for sharing the link of Nobsound, It looks good, is easy to purchase and I can get it delivered at my location (Marantz one would be difficult as I am in the north region).

I am sorry I don't know what "Line out" means here.
I have the speakers of this same system and I want to use them as they sound pretty good despite being 20 years old. Sharing the Picture of the back of both amp and speaker and also sharing the link of video of the system that someone posted on youtube.

Dear, go for Sound king sk25000. You will love it. I have purchased it. Very clean sound, it can handle speakers up to 12 inch. I am, using it with Philips speakers.

If you are fan of Sony, have sony strdh190 which I imported from UK as new as it reached me with box. Recently you can find great reviews about them on YouTube as well. Let me know if interested. Thanks

If you are fan of Sony, have sony strdh190 which I imported from UK as new as it reached me with box. Recently you can find great reviews about them on YouTube as well. Let me know if interested. Thanks
Woah this looks good. And I guess it will most probably be compatible since its Sony. Youtube's first video says 99USD so about 7-8k right? Sounds good, thanks for the recommendation.

Could you please tell me how and from where did you order it?

P.S Sorry for such a late reply.

Woah this looks good. And I guess it will most probably be compatible since its Sony. Youtube's first video says 99USD so about 7-8k right? Sounds good, thanks for the recommendation.

Could you please tell me how and from where did you order it?

P.S Sorry for such a late reply.
The price fluctuates. The 99USD is dollar price and the US model needs step down transformer to use in India.

I bought through Amazon UK , little costlier and one that does not need any transformer to use.

The price fluctuates. The 99USD is dollar price and the US model needs step down transformer to use in India.

I bought through Amazon UK , little costlier and one that does not need any transformer to use.
Oh okay.
It is currently not available, just checked on Amazon.in. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back