Sun Direct HDTV

snbad

hi,

I found that sun direct is having HD broadcast.

Sun Direct HD

Has anyone subscribed to this service. please share your experience.
like, How many HD channels are there now? what is the quality? etc

thanks

hi,

I found that sun direct is having HD broadcast.

Sun Direct HD

Has anyone subscribed to this service. please share your experience.
like, How many HD channels are there now? what is the quality? etc

thanks

They current have Nat Geo HD and that is all.

There are also 2 more 'proprietary' movie channels which telecasts movies not of your choice. I remember the good old days of local cable tv which telecasted 2 movies per day. How far have we come.. :rolleyes:

There seems to be another thread on Sun HD - moderator can you please consolidate the threads ? Thanks

Anyone here who views these HD channels - how much do they cost per month ? Thanks

Hi all,

Sun Direct HD has started HD broadcasting with National Geographic Channel, Colours, Sun Tv & Regional Movie Service all in HD along with Metro Pack.

Cartoon Network and Utv World Movies are coming soon.

its available at the price of Rs.9990 with one year Metro & HD pack inclusive of activation and installation charges.

for more details visit Sun Direct HD

regards,

this package is around for quite some time now. We should expect other content provider to pitch in to create competetion and reduce prices further.

btw, not all broadcasting programs in given HD channels are HD. Some programs might be up scaled. And in that case we really have to dig-in what kind of up-scaling chips/technology is used for that.

I belive in order to get the accurate PQ in HD, the programs should be shot using HD Cameras. The programs captured using non HD cameras will have to undergo some kinda upscaling to make them HD broadcast-able.

I tried very hard to get a HD connection from Sun Direct, but they were absolutely not interested. Will try some time later if they add more channels.

Cheers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back