Sun Direct or Big TV - does both has component out? how is PQ?

noblejose

Hi, I am from Bangalore.

I am planing to buy a DTH for my 23" Full HD LCD (Samsung P2370MS). Heard component out from Big TV is very good in quality, any experience? and does Sun Direct stb has a component out? Sun Direct may be cheap for my south Indian channel preference and also heard we can subscribe any individual channels instead of package.

My priority of Channels:
Malayalam Channels > Sports (ad-on is fine, when cricket / football coming) > English Movies (HBO, Star Movies....)> National Geo, Animal Planet, Discovery > few Indian News channels like NDTV.

I have connected my Big tv with component cables and of course its lot better than composite video. Sun direct too will have component out.

Hi Please confirm; anyone using Sun Direct with component out? how is PQ?

I have connected SUN DTH with component and the PQ is far better than Airtel through composite.

I have tried connecting SUN DTH with conposite also. The PQ between SUN composite and SUN component is minimal to null.

The PQ of different channels are also different.

All south channels and channels in base pack have very good PQ. But the channels you buy outside of the base pack are average (which is an irony).

Last edited:
thanks for the quick replay.
Another doubt... will any of they supply Component cable withe the stb? , if not from where i can buy? and which brand? how much will it cost for a decent one?

thanks for the quick replay.
Another doubt... will any of they supply Component cable withe the stb? , if not from where i can buy? and which brand? how much will it cost for a decent one?

All cables comes with the STB. Ask the technician specifically for component out as it has both composite and component and he is used to providing composite cable by default.

I got a NICAM TV. Whether SUN HD will support NICAM TVs?
Sun HD users pl. throw light.

cheers,

Component out from BigTV STB is far better than the contenders. But the difference can be noticed only with bigger screen sizes. Since you have 23", i dont think you will be able to see a difference b/n the providers and even the composite out vs component.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back