Tatasky HD Or Dish TV HD Or Reliance BIG TV HD Or Sun Direct HD Or Airtel HD?

Ok if someone does watch a lot of Disco/NGC and has a 47 or a 50 incher HDTV and yet doesn't go for the HD upgrade. THEN he's an idiot

I still wouldnt call anyone an idiot as I dont have the right to call one :)

But if anyone is buying a DTH its makes sense to buy a HD DTH rather than saving 1000 rs from buying a regular DTH. It will pay for itself in the longer run

Fully agree with the views of MBR as the watching habits are a matter of personal choice. If you are satisfied with the genre you are watching right now and the same is not available in HD there is no point switching irrespective of the equipment you have.

I for one love sports and though I had the airtel iptv (it is still current) and the airtel dth SD (for which the subscription had just got over) i still went ahead with ts hd because of fifa. Champions league t20 was a bonus. Conversion cost was not very high approx 2500/-. Now with cwg slated for hd telecast and if it does i would think my investment has been realised with interest. Upscaled is no contest you got to see the 16:9 ratio to really like hd.

Ok if someone does watch a lot of Disco/NGC and has a 47 or a 50 incher HDTV and yet doesn't go for the HD upgrade. THEN he's an idiot
As much as I agree with your contention that anyone who has invested in a HD TV, is simply wasting their investment if they are not spending, what is a very small amount relative to the money spent on the TV, to get HD service, I still wouldn't classify them as idiots. I think 'ignorant' would be more appropriate and then again maybe even not that, for people have different priorities and logic that determine their decisions.

Last edited:
As much as I agree with your contention that anyone who has invested in a HD TV, is simply wasting their investment if they are not spending, what is a very small amount relative to the money spent on the TV, to get HD service, I still wouldn't classify them as idiots. I think 'ignorant' would be more appropriate and then again maybe even not that, for people have different priorities and logic that determine their decisions.

Agree with Sanjay. I myself have not subscribed to an HD service coz I catchup with all my serials & movies via my PS3. The only time I ever watch TV(via my cable box) is when I need to watch news or football. Neither of which are available in HD. It would be a sheer waste if I had to get an HD box.

Assuming the Cricket WC/IPL4 are shown in HD. That would be the time when I make my switch to an HD service.

BTW. When I visited my parents in Pune, ICC cable had HD channels listed in their EPG. Can anyone confirm if they actually have an HD cable box ??

Assuming the Cricket WC/IPL4 are shown in HD. That would be the time when I make my switch to an HD service.
The IPL3 and the T20 Champions Trophy were shown in HD. It is a safe bet that both IPL4 and the Cricket World Cup will be shown in HD. Why no love for the the Common Wealth Games in HD on DD HD?
BTW. When I visited my parents in Pune, ICC cable had HD channels listed in their EPG. Can anyone confirm if they actually have an HD cable box ??
I believe some Pune company was the first to launch HD services in India around the time of the Beijing Olympics. Not sure if it is the same company.

Hi Friends,

If you are wishing to go for HD then you should go with either Tata Sky or Videocon.
It may be a little expensive but you will get exactly whatever promissed. Never go with Airtel or Dish TV. Airtel doesn't have good channel packages and Dish TV will give you notjing at high package charge. I have used both and sometimes I get surprised over myself that how could I be so fool. I did same mistake twice. Both times didn't get right option. Just wish to say you that beware of Dish TV if you do not want to be cheated. And be away from Airtel if you want to save your money.

I am ok with Dish HD and their customer care has drastically improved over the last 2 year and is no longer the same as it used to be in 2007 when I first took normal Dish connection and I was so upset at times that twice I stopped recharging. But all that is history now and unless you ask them to justify why some channels are upscaled and called HD you should be good.

Videocon has the best customer service of the lot (which is not saying a lot). But they do not have 5.1 sound and their remote is the worst of the lot (the DVR).

I guess we all can live with a poor customer service specially when we get a year on package but any one like reliance and videocon who doesnt do 5.1 channel on their HD setup box should absolutely be avoided, they just looting the customers by false advertisement, whts the use of not getting 5.1 DD on HD after paying that extra premium

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back