Sunday

vinay

I think it is a good idea to share how we spend our Sunday.

In my case this is how it will be.

I have done my morning walk today in the rains, it was great.

I will do today the following 4 things.

- Will be logged in full day at this forum and write a few posts.

- Will see 2 movies.

- Will work on excel sheets and try to understand the commodities market and listen to music in back ground.

- Will take a evening walk.

V.

Last edited:
Hmm....... that morning walk.

When that morning will come, when I will walk ??

I will spend my Sunday as a family-time day.
I am at their disposal.

So be it movies, outing , lunching etc.. it changes every sunday.

For myself, I surf a little more !!

Hmm,
Good way to chit chat Vinay.

I'm back from my daily cycling. Distance as usual is lesser to conserve energy for evening golf.

Right now listening to Sting over a cup of tea.

Got to check out a few things today. Try pairing my DIY Amp with a Tube DAC that someone is offering and also a pair of Bookshelves to replace my Towers.

Evening, got to catchup with someone over a game of Golf.:)

Ok. I will now get out of bed and go to a colleague's place for a breakfast party. And then to get a pair of headphones I really liked

I miss work on Sunday.

Yes, I like it so much.

I guess I'll just wait for tomorrow. :p

Nice idea for a thread though. ;)

In my case:

Wake up late around 8 am

than enjoyed a cup of tea ............with my wife and daughter

It was raining in the morning so new paper wala did not come..........so missed that with tea...........:)

did 2-3 hrs study and now geting ready

will enjoy the afternoon time with daughter.......which dont happen in weekdays.

having plans to go out(Garden) with family in the evening.

Hi Vinay,

Nice thread. Got up around 8 am. Finished three newspapers with the morning coffee.Sat and brooded for some time over the Argentine loss last night.I have loved watching Diego as a player immensely, and i badly wanted him to do a Beckenbauer.But the damn Germans made the Maradona boys to look like novices right? This is adifferent German team.I think they have always played solid mundane football.But this young team has flair.I want to stick out my neck and predict a German win in the finals. Let us see.

Getting back to the topic....Did my weights for an hour and went to the market with the wife.My daughter and son in law are coming home today and a super lunch awaits me.:D

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
Get up early in the morning around 6am, go to play football for an hour and half.

Take two hours to recover from the football :)

Watch a movie, in a rare sunday like today when my wife and kid are not around, heard songs for three hrs.

Go out for lunch or dinner to a nice restaurant.

For a beginner it takes generally how long to understand and play basic golf?

V.

Here is how my Sundays go:

1. 6.30 AM - wake up
2. 7 AM - coffee & news.google.com
3. 7.30 AM - iron & shower
4. 8.00 AM - break fast
5. 8.15 AM - Start to office
6. 8.45 AM to 6 PM - Work

7. 6.30 PM - Back at home

I have to work every Sunday, not because I am overworked but because Sunday is the start of the work week in UAE and Fridays & Saturdays are weekends:)

Initially it was a bit difficult getting used to the idea of Sunday being a work day, but then now I am part of the system;)

Hello Vinayji,

Good one and glad to see your threads! My Sundays are mostly spent watching movies, browsing, reading, spending time in my sissy's place, or visiting Srini sir's HT!

Now, music is dominating movies!

Cheers!

For a beginner it takes generally how long to understand and play basic golf?

Understanding the basic rules would not take more than 1/2 hour and to fully understand the game, I guess it takes a lifetime.:eek:hyeah:

Just kidding, one learns as one plays on.

Generally one starts with 7 or 8 Iron and one has to practice the swing under the watchful eyes of a coach.

This may take from two days to two weeks depending on the proficiency of the individual.

Regarding learning to play the game, it would take atleast two to three months to learn hitting with all the clubs.

Putting is a game in itself. It takes atleast 10 to 15 days to understand the basic nuances of putting.

Sunday is cricket day! I play at some local cricket leagues and take it pretty seriously. Right from Saturday night, me and my buddies are huddled over the phone discussing strategies and Sundays are spent either executing those strategies or ruing over missed opportunities :).

Movies/music stay the same. Extra preference is given to the better half's taste in movies/music as that is her off day as well.

I think we all get ready for the weekend by late friday afternoon itself. :)

On a related note, Just noticed that the most users ever online was last friday around 5 PM.

"Most users ever online was 359, 2nd July 2010 at 05:05 PM"

Sunday is for complete rest. No work for the company even if it means closing the company. :D

My Sundays goes like this:-

1.Get up at 6.30AM, wake-up wife & baby at 7 AM
2.Freshen-up.
3.Get ready to go to Church at 8.30 am
4.Come back at 10 am & have nice breakfast mostly Idlis/Dosas & Hot Mutton patties.
5.Read newspapers till 11 AM.
6.Start my work from home, I'm into recruiting & gulf offices are closed on Fridays & Saturdays.
7.Play some of my favourite songs on my Yamaha keyboard.
8.Time for SUNDAY Fish Speacial- The Menu goes:- that Hot Goan fish curry & yummy promfrets filled with masala, prawn chilly fry.. yummmmy..
9.It's siesta time.
10.Get up at 4.30 pm, check mails again.
11.Meet freinds, family, go to the beach...
12.Dinner at 8.30 PM.

A nice day comes to an end:)

Hi,

Last Sunday was a shopping day, and today I am going to enjoy the CDs that I bought last week to the fullest and watch a couple of movies and write reviews about them.

Cheers!

I had my breakfast at a dhabba, they charge very economically, it is a unique place where we get to see people from all walks of life from poor to super rich.

I have been today today to my homeopathy doctor, they are a very good company and it seems to be India's number one. I have been going to them for a decade.

V.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back