Superb Cables from jls001

Don't quite understand why people in our country are so secretive about prices.. Why not state them openly...

This is not a commercially sold item

He may have made a few for demos etc..

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum rules don't allow I think.

Rest is up to the creator of the product and what he wants to do with it

Last edited by a moderator:
I was speaking in general. Why cant the dealers list prices in general on their website just like the rest of the world? Joshua probably makes them as a hobby but even then there is no harm in listing the price..

I Pm'ed him and he was prompt to quote me the price for the USB cable. Just ask him.

My post has nothing to do with Joshua.. I was commenting in general about the dealers and the secrecy in displaying/mentioning the prices for equipment.. Joshua makes cables as a hobby and he has every right to sell to whomsoever he wants to at whatever the price whenever he feels like as it is a hobby for him.

the thread title is about superb cables from jls001...

i think general remarks derail the thread and ( can give the impression ) equate Jls with other dealers etc....

My general remark -

I notice that lot of forum members like to rant about dealers and gripe about them so i request the super mod to please open a
new section for these rants.

I guess lets get back to the thread subject matter.

regards

the thread title is about superb cables from jls001...

i think general remarks derail the thread and ( can give the impression ) equate Jls with other dealers etc....

My general remark -

I notice that lot of forum members like to rant about dealers and gripe about them so i request the super mod to please open a
new section for these rants.

I guess lets get back to the thread subject matter.

regards

My apologies.. Since the thread is about Superb Cables from jls001, would appreciate if people who share their experience with the cables on this thread mention the price at which they bought it for a fair comparison for everyone's knowledge as I am sure they would remember the price they paid for them... Sure, the sound would be different from system to system but since the cable is so highly rated, surely it's price should be known to give a fair idea to the forum members for assessing the product... Does not help in raving about Wilson Audio speakers with Jeff Rowland monoblocks outperforming other systems unless you share their price...

Maybe the maker of the cables is undecided on a price so far or his patent is about to come through the trademark registry? Well, our PM also doesn't take press conferences either but addresses us at "Mann ki baat" every now and then.
Will be nice if we hear from the horse"s mouth a bit more about the cables. You have got my interest piqued. There are at least 5 members in previous threads of the post wanting to buy or showing interest.

sorry. was just being a shit disturber. his knowledge and help to other forum members is well documented on the forum. jut wanted to ilicit a response and some info from him.

I have never met Joshua. But from online we can know a person. He is senior member and he is not doing this for commercial aspects of it. I can only say he does it for the love of hobby.
---
As for quoting prices on open forum; the rules are clear no commercial activity except for sale thread for products owned by the member/s.

Regards :)

This is anyways not a thread started by Joshua. However when a FM is writing a review, adding price could be helpful to other FMs, unless ofcourse it a commercially available brand and the price can be googled and found.
I too wrote a couple of reviews of products without price, but later when many FMs requested, started quoting the same in later review.

sorry. was just being a shit disturber. his knowledge and help to other forum members is well documented on the forum. jut wanted to ilicit a response and some info from him.

I started this thread to share my observations on the cables. If you need prices send Josh a PM.
He is not likely to post prices etc as we don't allow soliciting sales on the forum.

Recently tried Joshua's speaker cables .
I have been lucky enough to witness the dveelopment of power cables and USB cables made by him and also hear it in various setups in their different iterations.

But somehow never heard the speaker cables made by him but always was keen knowing his philosophy behind making any cable

The pair I got was absolutely brand new. So after hearing for a brief period In my setup I decided to give it a proper burn in and then listen to it again. So, I connected it to a small amp and speaker setup which gives sound to a TV in the drawing room. Burnt it in for a good 40 hours.

Then reconnected it to my setup and heard tracks I am familiar with.

I have never associated speaker cables changing the noise floor in any way but to my surprise I did witness a drop in systems noise floor after using Joshua's speaker cables. I did discuss my findings with Joshua and he told me I am third or fourth person who has told him that.
So that was a first for me and i genuinely always thought speaker cables can never make noise floor drop.

The bass (texture wise) is the best I have heard in my setup and so is the overall resolution.

In reality I always kept speaker cables as the last thing to worry about when changing to cables which are generally better or suit the setup .

These speaker cables won't make the mid range artificially thick but at the same time bring the best out of ones setup.

I would like to clarify this is absolutely my own opinion and based on hearing myself in my own setup

how to get in touch with Mr. Joshua

Superbly written post, Nikhil.
Yes, Joshua ( jls001 ) makes some superb cables.

I have bought 2 pairs of Joshua's s balanced Interconnects (1.5 meters length, with Neutrik connectors - Gold Plated pins) For Rs 14,000 a pair. They replaced my Argento Master Ref (1stt Series) Cables which I had bought some years ago, @ Rs 60K per Pair.

I preferred Joshua's interconnects and after about 1 year's use, I am convinced that Joshua's Cable sound better in my setup, delivering more of what I want and value, than my Argento Cables.

The price of all Joshua's cables vary with the model, length and terminations / connectors used.

Exactly similar cables that I have bought (and I am a happy user) are on sale here The sale post only a couple of days old & the cables still available, I presume, by essrand. He has stated the price of the new cables and his asking price.

Photographs of the interconnects are also included in the "For Sale" thread, hence I am not posting pics of my cables, even though there has been a request to pic pics of cables being referred to.

I use these Interconnects in my system (which is wired fully balanced )

Interconnect1: Chord QBD 76 HDSD DAC to Audio Research Ref 6 pre amp.

Interconnect2: AR Ref 6 Pre Amp to Gamut 200 Watt Monoblocks.

I don't use any other interconnects in my setup.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back