Surround placement

sandeeprawat

Hi,
I'm looking for practical suggestion on where to place my surround speaker (haven't bought yet) for good 5.1 experience.
This below is the layout of my room. There is no space behind sofa.

For Left surround it is possible to place either in ceiling or 1 ft above ear

For Right surround
On the right side of sofa (RS1) there is a door and I have small kids running around so very difficult to put a speaker stand to have it 1ft above ear but I can try and mount on the ceiling. Not sure if speaker should face front or tilted towards seating position

Other option (RS2) which I think would be good is on the opposite wall and above door and speaker could be facing sofa.

One more option that came to mind was RS3 so that distance between LS and RS is not too much but not sure if this is good.

1592652846040.png

Looking forward for your valuable opinions on this.

FYI I'm looking for regular surround/cheap bookshelf to use for surround but open for suggestions if fancier ones (in-ceiling, on wall, dipolar etc) are better suited (and vfm).

Thanks

Check out this wall bracket. See of you can fit it on the rear wall and then rotate+tilt the speakers to face the seating position.

MaSh

If you are looking to place small satellite speakers then you can place them on wall hanging shelves.

You can buy a pair from the store or just request your carpenter to make two for you. Ideal placement will be RS1 and LS1, one or two feet above your ear level. Hope this helps...

Hi,
I'm looking for practical suggestion on where to place my surround speaker (haven't bought yet) for good 5.1 experience.
This below is the layout of my room. There is no space behind sofa.

For Left surround it is possible to place either in ceiling or 1 ft above ear

For Right surround
On the right side of sofa (RS1) there is a door and I have small kids running around so very difficult to put a speaker stand to have it 1ft above ear but I can try and mount on the ceiling. Not sure if speaker should face front or tilted towards seating position

Other option (RS2) which I think would be good is on the opposite wall and above door and speaker could be facing sofa.

One more option that came to mind was RS3 so that distance between LS and RS is not too much but not sure if this is good.

View attachment 46552

Looking forward for your valuable opinions on this.

FYI I'm looking for regular surround/cheap bookshelf to use for surround but open for suggestions if fancier ones (in-ceiling, on wall, dipolar etc) are better suited (and vfm).

Thanks

For a 5.1 surround experience, you have to go for RS1 position and the speakers should be at 90 degree to your ears.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back