Surround Sound

frnd08

Is it necessary to have speakers all around the room (say 5 or 7 speakers) to get a proper surround sound effect?

Just checked out the polk audio site, not many of their products are the 5 or 7 speaker types. am a novice in this regard, so plz help me clear the air a bit.

Hello Friend,
to understand surround sound just visit dolby website. They are the pioneers so its better to see what they are advising on speaker position.
thanks.

Is it necessary to have speakers all around the room (say 5 or 7 speakers) to get a proper surround sound effect?

Just checked out the polk audio site, not many of their products are the 5 or 7 speaker types. am a novice in this regard, so plz help me clear the air a bit.

No its not necessary to have 5 or 7 speakers around the room for surround sound experience, these days due to the technological advances in the principles of sound the invention of sound projectors have helped to pioneer this technology. A sound projector from the likes of Yahama, B&W, Philips, Samsung, Marantz, Polk audio, could full fill your needs of surround sound without the need for multiple speakers. The principle which works in this kind of technology is derived from the reflection of sound from a hard surface. These sound projectors or bars are installed right beneath your television sets and they have multiple speakers in them which send the sound waves towards us and thus creates a sound field which gives the feeling of surround sound.Yamaha's are very good in this field and if you could try for a demo of their product then I am sure that you would be higly convienced. https://www.yamahamusicindia.com/products/products.aspx?CategoryId=6&SubCategoryId=20

Home Theater: The Power of One

Excerpts:

"I didnt find any of these soundbars to be a worthy substitute for a good 5.1-channel system. These days, you could find a better-performing HT ensemble for similar money. At best, the soundbar is a second-room solution, a nice step-up product for your living room or bedroom system. With that in mind, I think Philips is the only company that got the price just right, but the sound quality was lacking."

Cheers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back