Surround Speaker suggestion

rksingh1

Dear all,

I am running a 3.1 setup currently. Very happy so far with all of it. Now the next step for me is to add surrounds. I was thinking of doing some DIY for it.

I have nippon drivers that were in my car (XUV stock speakers, rear ones are full drivers) which are lying around at home unused. I was thinking if I could use two of them, put them in a cardboard box, hang them on wall and connect to AVR, will it serve my purpose?

If you think thats a terrible idea, suggest me a relative good VFM suround speakers which are good to go and can perform even at lower volumes. These will be setup in my drawing room.

Thank you
Ravi

Dear all,

I am running a 3.1 setup currently. Very happy so far with all of it. Now the next step for me is to add surrounds. I was thinking of doing some DIY for it.

I have nippon drivers that were in my car (XUV stock speakers, rear ones are full drivers) which are lying around at home unused. I was thinking if I could use two of them, put them in a cardboard box, hang them on wall and connect to AVR, will it serve my purpose?

If you think thats a terrible idea, suggest me a relative good VFM suround speakers which are good to go and can perform even at lower volumes. These will be setup in my drawing room.

Thank you
Ravi
Why not go for the same series? Polk s10 is compact in size and will gel well with ur set up. It has a key hole slot and many after market mounts will fit them

If you are looking for something budget-friendly, then consider Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers. They provide the best VFM.

JBL control one

JBL Control 1 pro is available now - costs 12k and there is a different wall mount. Wish it would have been little cheaper. At that pricing, it is bordering S10 range.

Micca MB42X Bookshelf

Checked them out - good reviews and nice pricing. However, it has rear port, can't put it against wall, also, there is no rear hook for wall hanging, need to fix a stand and put them.

Wish I get S10 at a bargain price. I thought getting surrounds in 10k will be easy - not many options available actually!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back