Surround speaker suggestions

renjith lal

Hi all,

At present I have left and right speakers and a Rythmik subwoofer (will be getting tomorrow). Planning to add four surround speakers.
I am looking for some suggestion for surround speakers. I am not too worried about timber matching for surrounds as I dont want to spent too much for surround speakers. I am not interested in dipole speakers as I dont have a dedicated room. This itself I need to put it in living room. :rolleyes:

Please let me know your recommendations.

Thanks

Rythmik subwoofer (will be getting tomorrow)

Congrats..

Planning to add four surround speakers.

You may want to consider speakers with brackets, to give you that extra advantage of mounting to walls and pointing towards your listening position.. Klipsch?.. RP140D - abt $200 for a single speaker, has 6cm depth.. Wouldn't take much wall space & has threaded hole insert too..

Well, when someone with Devialet and Salk in the signature says that, one wonders how much is not too much ;)
That said, Polk has some options. Consider DefTech, NHT too. Kef T101 for slim profile.

Congrats..

You may want to consider speakers with brackets, to give you that extra advantage of mounting to walls and pointing towards your listening position.. Klipsch?.. RP140D - abt $200 for a single speaker, has 6cm depth.. Wouldn't take much wall space & has threaded hole insert too..

I will look in to that thanks. Klipsch in general I thought based on my limited listening experience it is more in to the bright side. Since I dont have too much space I am looking for smooth highs due to close proximity.

Well, when someone with Devialet and Salk in the signature says that, one wonders how much is not too much ;)
That said, Polk has some options. Consider DefTech, NHT too. Kef T101 for slim profile.

I have entry level Devialet :p not the top end.
I just want to know the effect of new formats like Atmos, DtsX and all. My Aracam avr supports all new formats, still I am not planning to use
ceiling speakers as I am in a rented apartment now.

NHT and Kef is in my mind.

Thanks.

I have entry level Devialet :p not the top end.
I just want to know the effect of new formats like Atmos, DtsX and all. My Aracam avr supports all new formats, still I am not planning to use
ceiling speakers as I am in a rented apartment now.

NHT and Kef is in my mind.

Thanks.

I was thinking of using NHT book shelf speakers as surrounds?
Is it a good idea? What you guys think?

Look up Dali Alteco, SVS Elevation, Klipsch RP-500SA. These are wall mounted angled speakers which give Atmos effect.
Possibly there are more such speakers.

Look up Dali Alteco, SVS Elevation, Klipsch RP-500SA. These are wall mounted angled speakers which give Atmos effect.
Possibly there are more such speakers.

I am bit surprised with the cost of atmos speakers, they cost more than regular book shelf and they have less low end performance, small drivers and less weight. Are these manufacturers just fooling people or I am missing something?

Guys would like to know what type of speakers you use as surrounds in HT setup, high sensitivity speakers which doesnt go below 80Hz?
My plan was to get some bookshelf speakers then just remembered about the efficiency of speakers. Please let me know in general what is the best way?

Guys would like to know what type of speakers you use as surrounds in HT setup, high sensitivity speakers which doesnt go below 80Hz?
My plan was to get some bookshelf speakers then just remembered about the efficiency of speakers. Please let me know in general what is the best way?
Polk OWM 3/5. They do about 80hz and above. Efficient, front-ported, can be hung flat on the wall. Brilliant Highs. Perfect Surround Speakers.

MaSh

Thanks Mash, Front ported is better so that you can use it close to the wall.
Does any one use Dolby atmos speakers? Looking at the weight, small drivers and cost I dont see much benefit.
Do I miss some point?

I really don't think you can do better than Polk OWM for your requirements.
BTW, rear port is fine for wall mounting small bookshelves.
Another choice in bookshelves would be Energy Connoiseur CB-20, CB-10, CB-5.

What's the max depth would you be comfortable with? And what would be the ideal depth?

I really don't think you can do better than Polk OWM for your requirements.
BTW, rear port is fine for wall mounting small bookshelves.
Another choice in bookshelves would be Energy Connoiseur CB-20, CB-10, CB-5.

What's the max depth would you be comfortable with? And what would be the ideal depth?

Let me look in to Polk model and Energy Connoiseur model. I thought if it is rear ported then it has to be placed far from wall for
optimum performance. Thanks.

Let me look in to Polk model and Energy Connoiseur model. I thought if it is rear ported then it has to be placed far from wall for
optimum performance. Thanks.
The Polk is front ported and is one of the most flexible speaker when it comes to installing.

MaSh

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back