Surround speakers for Denon AVR2307+KEFIQ5

amarprusty

Surround speakers combination to go with existing KEF IQ5 floor standing speakers with a Denon AVR-2307 receiver.

Surround speakers combination to go with existing KEF IQ5 floor standing speakers with a Denon AVR-2307 receiver.

Amar:

The safest is to go for the other speakers from the IQ range.

KEF has the IQ1 bookshelves, ID8DS for dipole if you are in the mood, and IQ 6C or IQ2C for center.

Speaker from the same company and same range will match with your existing speakers.

Cheers

How about mix matching with some Wharfdale Diamond bookshelf speakers,I do not require a Sub right?

Amar,

If it??s HT you are referring, a sub is always welcome. Not many floor-stands are up to that task.

It??s always advisable to stick to same series of a brand as this helps in tonal matching and there by helping achieve better sound stage as well as separation. Regarding mix-n-match, you may do that. The diamonds are accomplished speakers on their own. All you need is a good test CD/DVD/test-tones and a SPL meter ?? and of course a lot of patience as well!

I wonder why u might not want to consider the iQ5 package as a whole, I remember the sub in that series is pretty decent one - it looks good too!

Best Regards.

Back