Svivel wall mounting a 65" oled tv - is it a bad idea?

Donivlapog

I have always wanted to svivel mount a 65" LG CX after spending 2.25 lakhs in my bed room so as to frequently change the angle of the TV. Is this a bad idea as regards to the life of the TV?

I have always wanted to svivel mount a 65" LG CX after spending 2.25 lakhs in my bed room so as to frequently change the angle of the TV. Is this a bad idea as regards to the life of the TV?
Nope, it should be fine as long as you use the proper mount and most importantly it's secured professionally on the wall.

MaSh

Personally i wouldnt take chance of wall mounting such big and bulky TV unless using plyboard to firmly secure the mount (walls in my flat are not that good, screws come lose after sometime, especially if mount gonna be swivel type).
It shouldnt have impact on TV life, angle adjustment shall be smooth.

Visit a couple of local shops (Bajaj, Sony center etc) and check out the mounts they used for display models. You can then buy the one that you like and feel that it is of good quality.

I have swivel mounted my 65" Sony X90H for what it's worth. At 22kg odd it should be heavier than your LG OLED. So you should be fine as long as you get a good quality mount.

Sir will it be directly on a good quality concrete wall?
If so, long screws + a good hardboard to support + a good quality mount should do it.
Regds
PS: Please get your own good quality screws and skip the ones that come with the mount.

Have lg oled 65, mounted on company provided mount on rubber wood plank. Tv is 25 kg I think.
Provided mount has minimal swivel, up down tilt and also can be brought out. If you don't pull out and swivel, it can hit back wall/wood.. Also lg provided has slow movement.. Best is to call the service guy and ask him.
He can provide better option imo. And also safe mounting.

Guys, sorry this is an old thread and I forgot to update. I bought lg CX 65" in April 21 and had swivel mounted it by a heavy weight bracket.

Svivel wall mount can be angularly moved. Would oled screen withstand such movements?
I swivel mounted my plasma (of course with a good quality mount and proper fasteners). Three months later it developed the vertical line issue. Since then, I have not been able to sake off my feeling whether regularly moving the TV from one viewing angle to another (living room on the left to drawing room on right) was the reason why that line showed up. So, yes, I wonder about the same question. I hope TV manufacturers are aware of this use case and ensure that backpanel cover is sturdy enough to withstand the stress caused by swivel action.

I have damaged my wall mounted, 55 inch lg tv main PCB board 2 times just because in Goa where I live close to the sea the humidity ranges from 85 to 90 specially during monsoon. Secondly I can see vertical lines on the screen perhaps due to the pressure of the weight not equal on all the sides, and it was irritating to watch anything on that screen. This 3rd time as I have learnt a lesson, I have table mounted it and the lines have disappeared and past monsoon till date it is working well.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back