SVS PB1000 no sound..........

sorry for my late response, have a busy schedule.... the repaired guy also expressed the same, high voltage must have blown Sub PS... if SW power supply is gone bad, can it be repaired locally? one of my friend suggested me to use power conditioner, provided me some pune based company's product..... u hve any experience?
SVS authorized dealers can help change out the amp plate, so yes it can be repaired. At 1/2 cost of the subwoofer cost (IIRC). There is an auth. dealer in west Delhi, maybe u can check with them on Mumbai/Pune location.

SVS authorized dealers can help change out the amp plate, so yes it can be repaired. At 1/2 cost of the subwoofer cost (IIRC). There is an auth. dealer in west Delhi, maybe u can check with them on Mumbai/Pune location.
have sent them email on 19th Nov. , but they haven't responded yet

Here is a video for the model you have
if the problem with SW amp, replacement is the only option? it can't be repaired? means chip level repairs
nowdays these companies are not interested in repairing, they r more interest in selling parts.....

My past experience with these companies really bad, My LED (cost above 1 lac) develops picture shaking problem after 1 year warranty, the Company offered me to replace the part @ 1/3 price of LED, but later they told me non-availability of part and offered me discounts if I purchase new LED from them....... Then I searched TV repairwala locally who repaired the LED @ 1/15th price of LED. Now 7 yrs have passed, LED still running fine ...

if the problem with SW amp, replacement is the only option? it can't be repaired? means chip level repairs
nowdays these companies are not interested in repairing, they r more interest in selling parts.....
In Oct my Yamaha AVR went kaput. The usual problem because of high voltage in Maharashtra. The SMPS had gone bad. I studied the circuit for almost 2 weeks and managed to repair it. The SMPS IC TOP254PN had gone bad. I managed to replace it with TOP258 and it is working now. The IC costed me < 100 bucks. When I asked the authorized Yamaha Service Centre for the Yamaha spare part, they refused. Obviously they would have replaced the entire power supply board. I have heard that it costs > 15K. In your case it could be the TL494L SMPS ic that would have gone bad.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back