• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System

prateekatasniya

Effectivity and quality can be different entities in few cases.
No doubt sound path will look neat and posh.
Cannot comment over the effectivity when compared to other products.
Debate started when you disagreed with the fact that ISOLATOR PAD can work.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

raghupb

Traversed this thread for the first time today.
Surprised that a company like SVS doesn't bundle the isolation pads into the price.
Cheers,
Raghu

gururanga

SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation did help my setup a lot, before SB2000 caused vibration and every other furniture rattle in living room.

With isolation 90% of vibration problem solved

celester340

Traversed this thread for the first time today.
Surprised that a company like SVS doesn't bundle the isolation pads into the price.
Cheers,
Raghu
They might as well give the cable also free then. The isolation is aftermarket and can fit onto a variety of subs. Why shud it be bundled? It's not mandatory. Some want it some don't. U don't expect companies to give out accesories along with their main products.

matbhuvi

I have a pretty accurate calibrated mic (UMIK-1) and i can measure the Sub response accurately with REW. Let me see whether i can do some measurements with IsoAcoustics, foam and mat.

Love4sound

I have a pretty accurate calibrated mic (UMIK-1) and i can measure the Sub response accurately with REW. Let me see whether i can do some measurements with IsoAcoustics, foam and mat.
Awesome please post your findings

Love4sound

Haha..
I can understand that it gets difficult to digest the fact that one can get similar performance at 1/10 of the price.
Well it is not a fair comparison. The svs isolation is a professional product designed for the sub-woofers. The gym tile is something we got for a cheap price and happy that it does the job.

prateekatasniya

Well it is not a fair comparison. The svs isolation is a professional product designed for the sub-woofers. The gym tile is something we got for a cheap price and happy that it does the job.
Nothing can be said without checking the measurements.
And many confuse yoga mat with gym tile.
Gym tile means crushed rubber glued together to make a tile which is solely meant to drop heavy weights.

Everyone should check auralex subdude. Which is also a professional product.

Love4sound

Nothing can be said without checking the measurements.
And many confuse yoga mat with gym tile.
Gym tile means crushed rubber glued together to make a tile which is solely meant to drop heavy weights.

Everyone should check auralex subdude. Which is also a professional product.
Yeah I checked that as well. It is available in amazon. It costs more then the svs isolation

SPONSORED ADS

filmguy

doesnt it depend on your floor? i chatted with svs about this & they said its might not be useful for concrete/marble flooring. i think in west they use more of wood/carpet so its more useful in those scenarios.

hpdinesh

doesnt it depend on your floor? i chatted with svs about this & they said its might not be useful for concrete/marble flooring. i think in west they use more of wood/carpet so its more useful in those scenarios.
What do you mean by "this" ?
SVS soundpath or Gym tile

prateekatasniya

Yes.. depends on the floor.. and wooden floor benefits much more.

alphacentury100

I think I read some where that, Tom.V of PowerSoundAudio, who is also one of the person who created the SVS (The 'V' in the middle is his name), said that the Isolation pads are of no use when it comes to improving the sound quality of any subwoofer.
So better not waste the money on the Isolation Pads.

dr_rocket

SPONSORED ADS