SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System

Thanks for backing me with the link. Hope this gives a better clarity to celester340.

Thanks for backing me with the link. Hope this gives a better clarity to celester340.
Actually it doesn’t. If u had read the 5 pages you would have seen that the op got a gym tile. Matter over. He’s happy. Everyone has moved on.

I don’t need clarity. And I don’t base myself on one mans opinion of anything. Im happy to take toms opinion with a pinch of salt :)

Actually it doesn’t. If u had read the 5 pages you would have seen that the op got a gym tile. Matter over. He’s happy. Everyone has moved on.

I don’t need clarity. And I don’t base myself on one mans opinion of anything. Im happy to take toms opinion with a pinch of salt :)
Tom.V's opinion is definitely worth more than a pinch of salt, at least to many of us.
I din't mean to have hot argument with u. I thought i could share what i read. Take it or leave it, its your choice. but no hard feelings.

Prateek - is the tile made of rubber or foam? I tried these tiles on Amazon, (2ft*2ft) they are made of EVA foam and light weight? Not sure if they are suitable for isolation purpose, mainly because of being very light. Can you post a photo pls and where did you buy it in Hyd?
No.. what you mentioned won't help..
Get 20mm thick gym tile..( crushed rubber bonded in form of a tile) it has small air pockets
They sell box of 4.. and one tile costs around 1k.

Prateek - is the tile made of rubber or foam? I tried these tiles on Amazon, (2ft*2ft) they are made of EVA foam and light weight? Not sure if they are suitable for isolation purpose, mainly because of being very light. Can you post a photo pls and where did you buy it in Hyd?

another way to get gym tiles (they are heavy) is to reach out to dealers on India mart and they can courier sample boxes to you. Usually each sample box will have 4 of 20”x20” tiles. It’ll cost around ₹110-140/sqft + shipping

they look like this. A dealer in HYD sent me small pieces (at no cost)

495F36FD-A267-4796-81BE-FA5CC08F82C6.jpeg

I also tried this one and difference is very noticeable. Thx @prateekatasniya for this useful tip.
I was also wondering would it be good if i fill subwoofer area with more tiles like this? BTW i have SVS PB 1000
filling around the sub will not help..
understand the physics-
Lf travels through
1)the structure which is directly in contact with the subwoofer( this is mostly the bass which is felt)
2) just like other sound waves i.e through the walls etc. ( this is mostly heard)
the rubber tile prevents option 1- structural transmission.
to prevent option 2 the complete wall or floor has to be sound proofed to prevent sound from transmitting.

to reduce the structural transmission further, add one more tile beneath the subwoofer and see the difference.

filling around the sub will not help..
understand the physics-
Lf travels through
1)the structure which is directly in contact with the subwoofer( this is mostly the bass which is felt)
2) just like other sound waves i.e through the walls etc. ( this is mostly heard)
the rubber tile prevents option 1- structural transmission.
to prevent option 2 the complete wall or floor has to be sound proofed to prevent sound from transmitting.

to reduce the structural transmission further, add one more tile beneath the subwoofer and see the difference.
well thx for your advice. The one i bought is 10mm. So I'm thinking maybe i buy new 10mm tile just for testing or i buy another one for 20mm.But i like to know how was your experience? As i read your post u said u have 2 subwoofers. How much mm was more effective u have found? Btw room i have placed subwoofer has marble floor not wooden.

well thx for your advice. The one i bought is 10mm. So I'm thinking maybe i buy new 10mm tile just for testing or i buy another one for 20mm.But i like to know how was your experience? As i read your post u said u have 2 subwoofers. How much mm was more effective u have found? Btw room i have placed subwoofer has marble floor not wooden.
use a 20mm tile.. 10mm is thin.. thicker it is better it will be.. and you could use one 10 mm above a 20mm tile... because both these have different properties.. so I "guess" this will work with a wider frequency range.
these type of tiles are used in gyms where heavy weights are dropped on it.
these is a brand called sound off.. it makes a 50mm thick similar block which which looks like a combination of 2 x 20mm plus 1x 10mm tile..
these blocks are used to make floating floors in clubs, disco decks etc.. so now you can understand how effective this will be

thx for sharing such an useful information. Before i am going to order this one

i thought i would ask you as you mentioned that this tile is for gyms but what about these tiles
which are made specially for Soundproofing?
Then again i'm not an expert just trying to clear doudts.
@user73 I think this is the one...
KD Lite Rubber Interlocking Tiles for Gym Flooring, Exercise Equipment, Exercise Areas - 50" X 50" Cm https://amzn.eu/d/iWkgkpU

thx for helping.But i would like to know how this is going to be more helpful then the link i shared above? Clicking on link takes me to pack of 2. So you are suggesting 20mm x2?
@user73 I am not exactly sure but based on the image posted by @thedude the one I suggested seems similar. The Rubber gym tile seems more denser than the acoustic foam material hence I suppose it should better isolate the subwoofer vibrations.

Recently I too purchased the Gym tile. It surely does the trick at a fraction of the cost of the SVS soundpath subwoofer isolation feets. It does weight around 5kg for 50×50cms, perfect size for my SVS pb1000.

Attachments

• PXL_20221002_090154357.jpg
    PXL_20221002_090154357.jpg
    968.6 KB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20221002_090205295.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221002_090205295.MP.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 26
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back