Swans speaker D 1080 IV review

PsychdelicAvenger

Always been interested in bookshelf speakers stereo sound quality,but could not opt for higher grade conponents due to budget concerns.Found the brand Swans to have a good report in general especially their m10's.I went for the d 1080's and was neatly surprised by the difference in the audio perceptional experience.

These are active (5.25 inches mid/woofer if i remember ).I found out that the sound quality also depends on the source played,and these speakers are a delight when you play FLAC,high quality mp3.

Bass response is decent to what i opted for in the model at this budget,and im sure these are better and those packaged 2.1s and 5.1's that I myself have honestly fallen for in my earlier years.but no,the bass on this 2.0 system is sufficent for situations such as mine,in a small-medium PC room.Mid-bass is TIGHT,highs are not high quality i can tell,but they dont bother you at all.in fact,sometimes i love the definition of the highs.

as for movies and video,these are again,at this price range,simply spectacular if not better than some other systems I have listened to in my years.

in all means,go for this model if you have the opportunity to do so.they been with me over 2 years and they shine in near-field AND fill my room with sound.at 12,o clock i can hear my speakers clearly from my garden outdoors and the street beyond.so these are a good BOOM-BOOM BABA....

They are very good speakers, I have them too. If you add a good dac and rca cable sound improves further.

Is this a good buy in 2021? Or there are Mackie 5-inch driver Studio Monitor. Any idea how they would fare against this pair? Am looking for a good natural sounding bookshelf for normal listeing sometimes to entertain a few guests. Not much into boom bass, but bass should be tight and detailed with clear mids and bright highs. I dont see many good 5-inch driven speakers in this price range.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back