System configuration

goget

Hi folks- Hello to all. I am a new novice member. Plz advise for my bedroom 12X14 ft what Sub woofer model to buy ? I am considering Polk.
My present set up is- Amp: Enbee ZX1 and ZX 80 Amp and Pre Amp (80RMS), CD Player :MarantzCD5004, Speakers: JamoS426( floor st speakers2, center1,surround2- center not hooked up as Amp has 2 channels so hookedup 4 speakers.)
Also suggest any changes i need to hookup all, also suggest to buy which DVD player with USB port for playing music from pen drive.
Many thanks.
Goget

Hi

The speakers you have are fine so look out for a 5.1 AVR where you can hook up all speakers.....in terms of subwoofers, there are many available, depending on size, appearance and performance, you need to audition with your kind of music and decide...look at different brands and shortlist what appeals to you....

In terms of DVD players, there are many brands available cheap....depends on your budget.....better to go for a Blu Ray player which will help to read movies as well through USB and you can enjoy all the special effects in sound......Pioneer, Panasonic, LG are good strong brands......

If budget is a challenge, look at the For Sale by Owner section for good deals on pre owned stuff or Hi Fi Ads....all the best!

Last edited:
Hi I am getting a pre owned AVR Denon1312 for Rs 12K.
Is it ok for me to go ahead so that I can hook up all 5 speakers.
thanks
Goget

Hi

If buying a pre owned AVR, please check if all features are working fine to your expectations.......if yes....go for it......

Else look out for other options that match your budget and requirements.

Hi,

Not able to decide between Denon And Yamaha- AVR brand and model.

Which will go better with my Jamo S426 speakers and Marantz CD payer 5004.

Presently my speakers sound feels great on low to mid level volume but when I increase the volume it sounds painful to the ear - why is this- any ideas how to correct this.

What capacity watt in AVR is required to drive my speakers 100 Watts continious and 140 Watts peak.

I will be greatful if you could suggest a AVR make and model upto one or two years old.

The AVR should- allow a pre amp output for more power to be added by simply connecting my Enbee ZX power amp.

Many thanks,

Cheers.

continued....

My Enbee ZX1 and ZX80 PREAMP & AMPs are 80 RMS kindly note.

Are the ok to drive my Jamo S426 speakers which are 100 Watt constant and 140 watts peak.

Can I couple my AMPs with an AVR to increse watts.

Hi folks
i have seen that effernand1 has recomended yamaha avr to Zoiks guy.
so yamaha it is for me, now looking for a old model to buy from guys in New Delhi/NCR.

Hi

The Jamos 426 run on a 6 ohms load.....Any AVR which has atleast 70w RMS @ 8 ohms load will be able to drive them without a sweat!

Look for AVRs which have the required connectivity options you are looking out for...

No point going for an AVR which is famous for performance or brand when you are not able to hook up the intended speakers or devices / components....

Golden rule is audition before purchase....all the best

Hi

The Jamos 426 run on a 6 ohms load.....Any AVR which has atleast 70w RMS @ 8 ohms load will be able to drive them without a sweat!

Look for AVRs which have the required connectivity options you are looking out for...

No point going for an AVR which is famous for performance or brand when you are not able to hook up the intended speakers or devices / components....

Golden rule is audition before purchase....all the best

Hi
What speakers are you using now and watts min and max.
Thanks

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back