Tada!!!! Tada!!!! Amazon India is getting birth tomorrow

I searched for Denon 1912.. and it shows some old 1900 s models of Denon.. I searched for Optoma hd20 ... it showed me CFL Lamps

It will take some time.Its just like global ebay.If ebay.com ships internationally,you can see same item in ebay global.
If seller on amazon.com wishes,it will be seen in junglee.com.Let seller get prepared & we can get the desired stuff.

The website still needs a lot of work.

I checked the book 'Understand Exposure, 3rd Ed' on Junglee and Indiaplaza seems to have the lowest price of Rs 844. On Junglee's site the delivery time is listed at 1-3 days. However, when I visit Indiaplaza using the link, the shipping info says "Normally Ships In 21 Business Days" :)

For now, I will stick to Flipkart for books.

Edit:
Another one. 'God is not great' is listed as selling from uRead for Rs 943. When I visit the uRead site, it says 'Out of stock'.

Last edited:
Yes it works...

What i figured out is, there are multiple Amazon entities that ship your product

If the Product is through 'Amazon LLC' - this product cant be shipped to India..
If the Product is through 'Amazon Exports Sales, Inc' then they can be..They collect something called as 'Import fee deposit' which is the cost of all import taxes and fees to get your product to India..Overall there will be Product cost + Shipping and handling chargers + Import fee deposit

I tried Polk A7 single speaker costing 445 USD, overall cost came to 778 USD (445+171+161 USD)..including shipping & handling, Import tax fee..

@ thatguy..

my reference to 'pathetic experience' was more towards the listing and range of products on Junglee page..in true sense of Amazon, i was expecting them to be different from others in terms of product range that's offered to customers in India..

if we were to buy books and music, i believe we have enough and more shops and websites selling them pan India..

cheers..
vadiraj

Optomo HD66 / HD20 as seen on amazon usa, ships to India through Amazon fulfillment program but why it does not show up in junglee search?

I could find Denon 2112 on junglee but not 1912. Both of them are available on Amazon. Don't know why.
Overall a disappointment. Since there are already who do this global shipment (Borderlinx, Aramex etc), not sure what Amazon's business plan is. I will wait for Amazon to open their warehouse in India and sell direct with a return policy and warranty. That would be a true retailer. Not this.

Not sure if many remember this, Amazn bought Junglee Corp in 1998 at the height of the dot com boom to add a feature called shopping aggregation. This lets Amazon give you the price of different retailers selling the same product.

To a large extent, what Amazon is doing in India is just that - becoming a marketplace and showing the different retailers from whom you can buy the product (one of them being Amazon).

So they are distinguishing the marketplace brand (junglee) to their regular retail brand of Amazon.

Hi all,

I have seen that the Canon P&S camera prices are on par with the US prices.

N.Murali

I could find Denon 2112 on junglee but not 1912. Both of them are available on Amazon. Don't know why..

I have already said in earlier post that if 3rd party seller is interested to ship India,you can see it on juglee.com.

Yes it works...

I tried Polk A7 single speaker costing 445 USD, overall cost came to 778 USD (445+171+161 USD)..including shipping & handling, Import tax fee..

Yes its same price which I posted in earlier image2.Hope it will be the final price.

Amazon.com enters india in the name of junglee.com

I am waiting for this moment for a long time:D, I thought it will come in the name of amazon.in but it came as a seller on Junglee.com: Shop Online and Compare Prices for Books, Mobiles, Clothing and More :indifferent14:
some bluray's like inception, the dark knight, transformers & the bourne trilogy priced far lower than india starting from 632 rs :eek:hyeah: but the bad thing is it ships from amazon.com :mad:
you guys checkout the site from this url

Junglee: Within India - Blu-ray: Movies & TV

Let's hope that their customer support is as good as in US & UK, and let us also hope that they provide the order cancellation facility as in US & UK, which is never an option in indian online shops like ebay.

Junglee sucks bigtime. It just redirects to Amazon.
With the high shipping rates and Indian Customs problems, I'll stay away from it for now.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back