Taga harmony suggestions

joyrahul

Hello all..actually I got lot of suggestions about tower speakers...now i have an i dea about taga harmony TAV-507 5.0 home theatre system...is it worth for 40k..becos my total budget is 90k...what if I buy this home theatre system and a decent denon avr....or Polk audio t50 tower is better than the taga harmony tav-507 home theatre system towers???
Actually my room is horizontal so my distance from the home theatre is about 6feet..so I need a good bass and decent mids and lows...
So which one Polk audio t50 or tagaharmony tav-507 5.0 hometheatre system towers?
Give me some clarity about this

Tldr: you can go for it.

Note: I'm no means a great audiophile and in my case i use the HT system for movies, 95% of the time. So I'm giving my unbiased opinion based on this criteria.

For the distance you've mentioned, the Tagas would sound really nice.
I'm having a distance of almost 11-12 ft from the TV to the sofa and I've set up the HT in my living room only, without any sound proofing etc. (Except a for a pair of window curtain and occasional use of a carpet during winters).

That said, I'm running Taga 606 v3 as a 5.0 system + Mission MS 200 sub, paired to the Denon x250bt - perhaps the most humblest setup for an HT.
And trust me it's going great guns and delivers a very punchy sound when it runs.

Sound signature: i can tell it's more towards the neutral side and the dialogs are very clear and crisp. Sound effects comes out lively depending upon the original Dolby digital mix done in a movie. Just in case if you want to pop out the audio, you can always use a graphic equaliser app in your Android TV.

Music thru streaming apps: sound quality is even better when songs played thru the phone using Bluetooth. Esp low frequency becomes more punchier when played with spotify, with wifi streaming quality set to very high. (Even other settings doesn't sound odd except for Low).

I don't have a Blu Ray/CD player but downloaded some hi res music in flac format and the quality of sound was fantastic. Albums like Alaipaayudhe, Roja, Kaattru Veliyidai (all composed by AR Rahman) was clearly distinct with crisp vocals and the low frequency hits a new high and i even turned off the sub, to negate the extra thump off the tracks. It was a super pleasant experience altogether. Same case for the songs composed by Harris Jayaraj too.

Ps: after listening on the first day i thought i might have done a mistake as it was sounding a bit shallow. But, after the burn in period, boy it simply went from meh to wow!

Tldr: you can go for it.

Note: I'm no means a great audiophile and in my case i use the HT system for movies, 95% of the time. So I'm giving my unbiased opinion based on this criteria.

For the distance you've mentioned, the Tagas would sound really nice.
I'm having a distance of almost 11-12 ft from the TV to the sofa and I've set up the HT in my living room only, without any sound proofing etc. (Except a for a pair of window curtain and occasional use of a carpet during winters).

That said, I'm running Taga 606 v3 as a 5.0 system + Mission MS 200 sub, paired to the Denon x250bt - perhaps the most humblest setup for an HT.
And trust me it's going great guns and delivers a very punchy sound when it runs.

Sound signature: i can tell it's more towards the neutral side and the dialogs are very clear and crisp. Sound effects comes out lively depending upon the original Dolby digital mix done in a movie. Just in case if you want to pop out the audio, you can always use a graphic equaliser app in your Android TV.

Music thru streaming apps: sound quality is even better when songs played thru the phone using Bluetooth. Esp low frequency becomes more punchier when played with spotify, with wifi streaming quality set to very high. (Even other settings doesn't sound odd except for Low).

I don't have a Blu Ray/CD player but downloaded some hi res music in flac format and the quality of sound was fantastic. Albums like Alaipaayudhe, Roja, Kaattru Veliyidai (all composed by AR Rahman) was clearly distinct with crisp vocals and the low frequency hits a new high and i even turned off the sub, to negate the extra thump off the tracks. It was a super pleasant experience altogether. Same case for the songs composed by Harris Jayaraj too.

Ps: after listening on the first day i thought i might have done a mistake as it was sounding a bit shallow. But, after the burn in period, boy it simply went from meh to wow!
Thanks for your suggestion

I use the same speaker set as sivag in a audio nightmare squarish living room, 7-8 ft away from the tv/speakers Room has 3 doors opening and a french window type glass doored balcony too with zero room treatment. The 606v3 sounds really good, crisp, bright at times as I am not using any sub. Used to be an equal mix of movies & music. You can go for taga without any hesitation when you are on a budget.

I use the same speaker set as sivag in a audio nightmare squarish living room, 7-8 ft away from the tv/speakers Room has 3 doors opening and a french window type glass doored balcony too with zero room treatment. The 606v3 sounds really good, crisp, bright at times as I am not using any sub. Used to be an equal mix of movies & music. You can go for taga without any hesitation when you are on a budget.
Thanks for your suggestion

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back