Tannoy Little Red Monitor vs Devon

badrisuper

Hi

Anyone knows which Tannoy is better between Little red Monitor and Devon?

Little red monitor is with ferrite magnet. Devon has hpd 315a driver comes with different magnet structure.

Thanks
Badri M

Last edited by a moderator:
if the Drivers are the Tannoy Reds and its in good condition, it may be a really good buy. Do check which drivers they are.

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Its super red monitor comes with ferrite magnet. Its in superb condition.

Devon comes with HPD 315a. its alnico magnet. its refoamed in 2014 by owner and also in very good condition.

I can buy either one. but in dilemma which one to go.

Thanks
Badri M

i know very little about either ! please do post your impressions..they look really nice

Tannoy sounds warm but Yamaha is very opposite more detailed. Mid bass is not to my taste in Yamaha. My amp is not with me. So I couldnt test.

I am looking for a speaker cable. What speaker cable do you suggest for Tannoy?

Thanks
Badri M

I think any old school cable will be good with the tannoy. dont try voiced cables..Supra/We16/Dueland should all be good.

Tannoy sounds warm but Yamaha is very opposite more detailed. Mid bass is not to my taste in Yamaha. My amp is not with me. So I couldnt test.

I am looking for a speaker cable. What speaker cable do you suggest for Tannoy?

Thanks
Badri M

In my opinion Yamaha will never beat Tannoys (hpd315 or 385) in details, depth and dynamics. Even NS1000M sounds crappy when compared to those Tannoys. They both belongs to different league.Tannoys need a little bit care to make them sound the best. Check your crossovers, give a good clean to the crossover pots first. Use a sound signal generator and see if there is any distortion at any frequency range. If yes, you need to clean the magnet gaps.

Van Den Hul D352 Hybrid cable is a good match for Tannoys.

Thanks. I just tried a good copper cable. Its not bad at all.

My friend suggested this - https://nl.rs-online.com/web/p/speaker-cable/3657772/

I was listening to Tannoy for couple of days and to me sony vfet amp is not a match to Tannoy. But sony vfet goes well with Yamaha speaker. Its magical.

Thanks
Badri M
i had missed this comment ! which amp is this ? any 50W SS amp should be able to drive the tannoy.

I am using Sony TA 4650 with both Tannoy and Yamaha. Its very good with Yamaha.

Soon will add Cary Audio pre and First watt power amp.

Back