Tapeheads - anyone?

Rosh

Just trying to see how many tapeheads are still around.. do stand up and be counted.. :)
Any one got a Luxman XM cassette? I have one and am trying to find kin for it..
(For those who came in late, this had azimuth alignment on the cassette shell itself!)

Hai Rosh,

I have a SONY Twin tape deck, Model : WEA 475 only for archieving valued recordings.

N.Murali

hi Murali, nice to know.. I have some recordings on cassette dating back to the early seventies..

I am having twin deck sony hifi sytem and may be more than 300+ cassettes and varieties of english, hindi, tamil songs/instrumental/devotional collected from 1980's.

my journey so far in true hifi world had been like this:
1990s- i knew hifi stands for high fidelity and the crap sold on the name of hifi system weren t hifi at all but only micro-mini component systems.
2000s-a bpl micro mini compo system having a cd sys and twin cassette deck. cds were expensive but thing to have.cd prices kept falling n mp3s were prevalent. cassestes were no longer cost effective with 100-150 rs mp3 discs having 50-60 songs.
'05-my first system. cd and dvd player based.
2010- i got a tape deck. had no amp/preamp only speaker preouts. i took out my vintage reel collection and played on my denon wharfe combo for the first time in 5 yrs.----- this baby weighed 11 kgs and didn t even have an amp ....
i played and played and played some more.... it blew away the cd dvd system i ve been using. pin drops between the tracks.. no hiss... sharp musical stuff...i cudnt prevent myself from becoming a tape head.
what deck i have....??? please check my signature.

I am a serious tape deck with my tape colxn crossin 3k(90% hard rock,10% pop &dance!) as of 2007 novmbr(yeah that was the last time i bought a tape)now with my tape deck dead now i am seriously lookng for a good tape deck!.

Hi,

Rosh,good to see you active again. I see that your Teac is missing from your signature.

Hundreds of tapes, but no deck at present.:sad:

Rajiv

P.S.Can get a Tandberg TCD440 for free but the deck has a problem with the motor speed .Some problem with the logic controls.

owner of a technics rs bx828...and tons of cassettes dating back to the late 80's...still listen to cassettes actively mainly coz I still drive a car with a tape deck...

Hi,

Owning INKEL twin cassette player........ it hasn't been used for 2 - 3 years.
Was working fine when last used.
Used to buy empty TDS, Maxell XL IIs, etc metal / chrome cassettes, record them via graphic equalizer and play.

Thanks & Regards........Inder

@Rajiv, yes I had to clear space and gave away the TEAC to Amar. Best 15kg deck i ever had ;)
@entsurgeon - you mean a Nak Zx 7 dont you? Have you got it tuned?
Does anyone have a Nak 1000 ZXL, Eumig FL1000P or a Luxman K-04/05?

Hi,

Rosh,good to see you active again. I see that your Teac is missing from your signature.

Hundreds of tapes, but no deck at present.:sad:

Rajiv

P.S.Can get a Tandberg TCD440 for free but the deck has a problem with the motor speed .Some problem with the logic controls.

Eumig FL1000P

Hi Rosh,

Trust you to look for the Eumig.:D

I doubt that there are any in India.I remember the rave reveiw this deck got in Popular HIFI back then.

Need to fix the TCD 440A .Can you have a look at the deck?

Regards
Rajiv

hi Rajiv
I saw the Eumig a while agp on ebay US for nearly $500. Built like a tank, full computer serial interface, meant for broadcast applications, only the real hifi Austria has produced IMO. Some nice videos on youtube.
You can bring the Tandberg 440A over .. though tbh, with the traveling i do, it will be quite a while before i can have a look. Why not check with Amar?
Rosh

Friends,

New to Cassette Tape forum. Have seven cassette tape decks. One today I would like to tell is Studio Standard Fisher Double Auto Reverse Stereo Cassette Deck New Digital Series Model CR-W915. Recording and playback excellent. I have aorund 900 cassettes mostly of Western classical, rock, pop and Hindi music.

Friends,

New to Cassette Tape forum. Have seven cassette tape decks. One today I would like to tell is Studio Standard Fisher Double Auto Reverse Stereo Cassette Deck New Digital Series Model CR-W915. Recording and playback excellent. I have aorund 900 cassettes mostly of Western classical, rock, pop and Hindi music.

Would be glad to know what the other 6 decks are.:)

Hi, I always wished to have a cassette deck but could not afford one so when in school, my brother and I ended up making our own cassette player using an old cassette mechanism for stereophonic reproduction. Our complete rig was home brewed. Once I started working (with BPL Mobile), I got myself a then, state-of-the-art BPL CWX79 Music system with a double cassette deck. Later, when I graduated into audiophile stuff, I got myself a Nakamichi DR3 which plays like a gem. It records my tapes for playback in my car (Maruti Esteem VXI BSII with its OEM Kenwood KRC479). My Nak is wired to my vintage NAD 1020A preamp and NAD 216thx Poweramp.

:eek:hyeah:
Would be glad to know what the other 6 decks are.:)

Excuse for late response. Was out of the country. Next one is twin cassette deck Sony MHC-RG70AV. Another one is Craig single tape deck. One more single cassette deck is from Panasonic.

I still in search of one twin tape deck having back lighted :clapping: tape compartments so that while tapes in motion are fully visible. Feather in the cap would be if it has back lighter volume unit meters showing signal strenghths of each channel. I would also prefer electronic tape counters for each cassette for accurate points of tape editing. Can any one please tell if they have ever seen such specified machine ? If any such is still available, I would buy it . Please help:)

i have a nak rx202, nak bx-1,pioneer ct-s620, and onkyo ta-2028 which is listed in sale section. i have around 500 tapes.

I have a SONY TC 161 SD ,fully operational since 1974.Have changed the belt twice, but no other servicing.I still record music on it off Worldspace (when it was operational) and now off the MYINE internet adaptor,so that I can listen to what I want in the car.FM here is absolute rubbish,hence this is a great option.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back