Tata sky fan but need to buy 3 HD connections !

manishk13

Hi

I am upgrading my setup and 3 HD TVs will be installed at various locations in the house by June end. I am caught in the dilemma of which Satellite provider to choose. I have had tata sky and I love its interface and service how they are LAST in HD launch and unlikely to have it by end June - before commonwealth means they will launch only by October, thats too late for me.
I am assuming that eventually tata sky will win the race with superior HD technology and service , could be wrong too.

Should I wait for tata sky HD launch or take something else ? I need 3 connections , so cant simply buy 3 boxes today that is obsolete in 3 months

I also swa a great videocon offer of HD tv + inbuilt stb + 2 years diamond pack for 25-29 k. very tempted for one of the tvs

Please advise

Manish

Well about those videocon well it isn't clear whether the DVB-S tuner in it is HD capable.So if it isn't you will need to invest again for a HD capable STB.

Now since you will be going in for 3 connections i suggest you to wait until Tata sky launch their HD service,the rumor is they are testing it already.
Airtel also will launch their HD service so its better to wait,competition will force prices of STB and packages to go down.
June end is still a long time,in a matter of month we have see to 2 dth provides joining the HD bandwagon

Wait for Tata, if you feel it's SD broadcasting is better.

Dish TV is supposed to broadcast the football WC in HD, though. Think about it

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back