Tata Sky+ HD WiFi Dongle @ Rs.100/-

Today in Nellore when I called CC they are saying cost is Rs.300.00 and plus intallation charges of Rs.150.00.

There is nothing called installation charges, It is just plug and play, you only need to enter password that anyway you are not going to share with service person.

Any idea if this would work with Airtel STB's? Seems like a great deal.Just called and confirmed with TataSky CC.Its available for Rs.300/-
He also said that they were earlier selling the netgear one for Rs.1200/-
Also as far as i remember TS was earlier selling a wifi ethernet bridge and not a usb dongle.

Last edited:
This is definitely a steal @ 300 rs considering that it's a dual band wifi adapter. I am not sure whether it'll work with other devices though. I tried using it on my computer yesterday and it was not able to install itself. Did not spend much time on it though. Maybe a manual driver install would help.

Based on the FAQ, it seems to be compatible only as a replacement for Ethernet cable. Are there any other features? Can I browse the net with it?

No. You cannot browse the net with it. It's a USB wifi adapter - allows your device to 'catch' the wifi signals transmitted by your wireless router.

The tatasky wifi dongle works on the "existing" internet connection. Why would you want use this dongle to surf the internet when you already have the internet?

I discontinued using TS, but I still own TS HD+, can I buy it from TS, my TS account is dormant, pls advice

has anyone been successful in downloading the VOD contents ? three months back it was not loading the menu itself. (wired or wireless)

I am also using wired Internet on my tatasky HD+. This Internet connection enabled me to use the new tatasky app on my iPad and android phone as a remote control. I can change the channels using my phone or iPad as long as all these devices are connected to the same network. No need to point the phone or the tablet towards the set top box.....!!! This is a great app.
-thamizhavel

Will it support the normal Tata sky HD as I can find a USB port on the front panel?

Will it support the normal Tata sky HD as I can find a USB port on the front panel?

No. It won't. The dongle is to connect to the network. The driver is with the firmware of the Tatasky+ box. Secondly, it is used to connect to the vod website from where the purchased movie can be downloaded and stored on the hdd of the ts+ box.

Hey guys, can anyone with Tata Sky+ HD, buy a Tata Sky wifi dongle for me, if you are not planning to get one for yourself?

My PC USB Wifi dongle died and this one is working fine on my PC. So need another for Tata Sky. :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

If I enable WiFi Hotspot on my mobile, can I connect to it using this dongle?

Currently I don't have wifi router at home. I have iphone 5s and planning to connect directly to Tataskty HD+ STB using the WiFi dongle

Anyone tried this?

Regards,
Rajesh

^ ^ ^ ^
Theoretically, yes. You should be able to connect using WiFi hotspot from your mobile. However, your mobile data will get used quite a lot. Only if you have an unlimited data plan from your mobile provider, will it make sense to go this way.

^ ^ ^ ^
Theoretically, yes. You should be able to connect using WiFi hotspot from your mobile. However, your mobile data will get used quite a lot. Only if you have an unlimited data plan from your mobile provider, will it make sense to go this way.

I am counting on it. Got the dongle delivered at home today. Need to check in the evening.

I have 3GB Airtel LTE(4G) plan. Beyond 3GB there is a rate limit. But in effect it is like unlimited plan.

More than VoD downloads, I am planning to use the Wifi Connection for using as a remote and accessing the EPG to change channels. This will help me to go through EPG without disturbing the current channel being played on the TV.

Later I will be having broadband connection at home with a wifi router

Regards,

I tested this Yesterday.

STB is able to reach internet and show the VoD contents.

But I am not able to reach the STB from the Tatasky Mobile App.

Even though STB is connected to the hotspot. As per iPhone WiFi configuration it is not connected to any WiFi network. Hence the App is saying that there is no wifi connection to the STB !!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back