Tata Sky+ HD WiFi Dongle @ Rs.100/-

mgdelhi

Hi Guys,

Good time to buy a WiFi Dongle for your Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs.100/-. :)

I requested Tata Sky in the evening of 3rd June to connect my Tata Sky+ HD with my router for VoD etc. by sending SMS "CONNECT" TO 56633.

Yesterday, I got a call from Tata Sky (Hyderabad) that connection with Ethernet cable is free and they have just launched a WiFi dongle which costs Rs.1200/- but they are giving it for Rs.300/- as introductory offer. Good offer in my opinion. I immediately said yes. Then I got 2-3 calls from Tata-Sky (Gurgaon) that it has been launched but they don't have stock. The stock is expected in 2-3 days and they will call me after that.

Today I got a call in morning at 9:00 AM that they got it and asked for suitable time to come and install.

The guy came and install it, simple plug and play, no IP setting, no other setting. Literally 10 seconds job. He spent another 5 minutes in giving me demo by downloading sample video and playing it.

In the meantime, I saw Rs.100/- printed on the packing. I asked him how much, he asked me how much I was told. I told him that I was told Rs.300/- but Rs.100/- is printed on the packing. He said that it is the first USB dongle he is installing so doesn't know about the price. He called up his senior and asked. His senior called back in 5 minutes (by the time demo finished) that it is indeed for Rs.100/- only. He took Rs.100/- cash and gave me receipt.

Amazing price for ultimate convenience of WiFi and 802.11a/b/g/n 300 Mbps dongle. All in all I am happy customer. :yahoo:

344sjfd.jpg

35240oh.jpg

They must have missed one "0" in that. They must be ordering for stickers so that the price now can be atleast Rs 1000/- for theother customer. TS is not known for giving anything cheap, though I think their CC is one of the best in DTH arena.

They must have missed one "0" in that. They must be ordering for stickers so that the price now can be atleast Rs 1000/- for theother customer. TS is not known for giving anything cheap, though I think their CC is one of the best in DTH arena.

It is clearly written Rs.100/- on front and on rear, they have a put a sticker on MRP in which, they have crossed MRP of Rs.950/- and printed Rs.100/-.

I peeled off the sticker and MRP Rs.950/- is printed under that.

So, it doesn't seem like a mistake. :p

Wasn't your Wi-Fi encrypted? Did you have to enter the WPA pre-shared key (WPA-PSK) for accessing the wi-fi on the Tata Sky+ HD box?

Ahh ok. You mentioned no IP setting, no other setting, which created doubts in my mind.

Tatasky engineer called up today. He mentioned that the Dongle is out of stock at Bangalore. He asked me to get any Wifi Dongle (They use Netgear as per him) and the engineer will come and install it.
I am yet to try this with my Wifi Dongle.

Hi Guys
Are only netgear adapters supported with TATA Sky HD+. I tried to use TPLINK and it didnt work.
Any input?

I placed an order with Tatasky and I got a call from the service engineer.
First he told me that they do not have the dongle in stock.
Next day got a call from Tatasky customer care, and they informed that dongle is available for Rs 300.
Next day another service engineer called and told me that it costs Rs 1500. Surprised, I told him about my conversation with the customer care about the price. He updated me that they have changed from Netgear to another company dongle that cost Rs 1500.

I am was so unhappy that I cancelled the order and asked to make up their minds first on the price and product.

^^ Its still 100 bucks.. Was just wondering whether I can just get this from TS and sell it off !

There is a rampant corruption happening in this regard, I suspect someone higher up in the food chain of tatasky is making money out of this. I have requested them to provide the corporate officer of tatasky they are reluctant to give it.

I have some kind of proof on it, I do not know how I could make to top.It is not someone small involved in this that i am sure.
Do any forum members have contact with someone working for TATA who can help to reach to their office investigating corruption?

Unfortunately our pvt companies in India do not even maintain contact info for reporting non-compliance.

I placed an order with Tatasky and I got a call from the service engineer.
First he told me that they do not have the dongle in stock.
Next day got a call from Tatasky customer care, and they informed that dongle is available for Rs 300.
Next day another service engineer called and told me that it costs Rs 1500. Surprised, I told him about my conversation with the customer care about the price. He updated me that they have changed from Netgear to another company dongle that cost Rs 1500.

I am was so unhappy that I cancelled the order and asked to make up their minds first on the price and product.

Last edited:
Any of you paid by cash? After complained to compliance officer, looks like some action taken. Now they are not allowed to charge directly, amount has to be paid through regular bill.

Tata Sky has made the price of Rs.300/- official.

2v1k85y.jpg

Any of you paid by cash? After complained to compliance officer, looks like some action taken. Now they are not allowed to charge directly, amount has to be paid through regular bill.

Yeah, I paid Rs.100/- in cash for this wifi dongle and took a receipt.

rk09pj.jpg

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back