Tata Sky through AV receiver

Ajit

I have connected my Tata Sky through my AV receiver (Onkyo 606) via HDMI. The difference is stunning both for the video and audio. Incredible colour saturation ans clarity with great sound through my 5.1 system.

Your Tata Sky set top box has an HDMI port & they are broadcasting in surround sound?
This is news to me!
Which make/model No. STB did they provide you with?
I got a Thomson STB with only Composite video out...

Tata is still providing the same stb with composite out, there is no other stb they are giving

Good you are making use of Onkyo Upconversion / Upscaling.

I have connected my Tata Sky through my AV receiver (Onkyo 606) via HDMI. The difference is stunning both for the video

:confused:. Do you have digital out from your satellite box? and do Tata sky broadcast with 5.1 sound?

and audio. Incredible colour saturation ans clarity with great sound through my 5.1 system.

No the satellite box does not have digital out, neither does it support 5.1 surround. I have two set top boxes, one through my receiver the other direct. I have found a perceptible difference when routing the signals through my Onkyo 606 receiver.

Hello Ajit,
You mean you have bought two separate STB from Tata, are they different types with digital output as well, and by the way can you guide about what are the various AVRs available in our market and which one is the good budget buy for a medium size drawing room in MIG flat where i live.
And pls also advise your comments on Tata sky Plus, should one install it for its record features or is there another way to do recording? Today only airtel has advertised for its IPTV but one cannot simply dump one DTH provider and go for another every now & then! what do you advice?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back