Tatasky bye bye?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

I’ve been using Tatasky more than 10 years now. But they seem to be in shit creek for the moment. So many isssies with rights etc. is it a good time to say goodbye? And if yes, what are my other options? I need a recorder box for sure.

Thanks guys.

For sure its time to quits.. I have the highest package with them .. I will stick to the most basic package at next renewal.

I’ve been using Tatasky more than 10 years now. But they seem to be in shit creek for the moment. So many isssies with rights etc. is it a good time to say goodbye? And if yes, what are my other options? I need a recorder box for sure.

Thanks guys.
I have been using tatasky , Airtel , now videocon .

All are with some issues , none of them are problem free. Tata sky Customer care was better among above.
Airtel customer care was worst...

Videocon customer care is good than i expected , and their package cost is cheaper compared to others. Picture quality is good , but settop box UI is not rich like Tata sky , very occasionaly their box crashes and restarts automatically.

There's no best DTH operators in india :) .

Hear hear.
I too am fed up with TataSky's lineup and packaging.
For the channels we regularly watch at home we end up with the top end package.

Seriously thinking of switching to cable for news and sports.
For the rest there is Netflix/Prime or other streaming services

Cheers,
Raghu

I too am fed up with TataSky's lineup and packaging.
<snip>Seriously thinking of switching to cable for news and sports.
For the rest there is Netflix/Prime or other streaming services

And that's what I have done, ditched DTH because I was not getting the stuff I wanted to watch. Subscribing to watch ads was something that got my goat too.

Not that everyone is happy. I could not watch TdF this year because paypal would not allow me to pay for a VPN. Or the wife goes off to the MIL's place to watch the outrage of the day.

And lazy Sunday in boxers/ beer Netflix binge is preferable to having that Trivago guy (or some other irritating character) pop up regularly.

Overall more time for music. And now because the telly interferes with stereo imaging of getting rid of it.

ciao
gr

I subscribed videocon d2h 3 years back because of the package prices were chaeaper. Later their new HD channel addition was very poor as compared to Tatasky and I cursed myself. Now with this Tatasky problem, d2h is doing better.

However, now I too have ditched DTH. Sonyliv and Hotstar is doing the job at <1 k per year with much less ads. Picture is 720p but quite good.

Paid annual subscription for Tata Sky around 3 months back. Did not touch the remote except once or twice. It is all Amazon prime and Netflix now.

Another option may be local cable companies.

They have better STBs, have plethora of HD channels.

I'm paying 400 for a monthly package which has like 45+ HD channels and almost all premium english movies and hindi channels.

Most of the we are using Netflix or Amazon prime and some time YouTube and that's sufficient for us. Both Netflix and Amazon prime have very good picture quality. You tube depends upon contains but still be need of DTH as such. Jio may come with reasonable rates and good quality and service but not yet started here.

I dropped Videocon D2H service during last football World Cup. Just like tata sky , they had stopped all Ten channels. And when World Cup started they started charging extra. Switched to local cable with HD box for Sports, BBC Earth, Nat geo and news.. I feel the clarity is better in cable and also a lot cheaper.

Check Hathway... much cheaper and HD channels too. I've both Tata Sky and Videocon but don't watch any. I plan to cancel both when subscriptions run out.

It's all Prime and Netflix these days.

If Jio Giga rolls out with Jio TV then that would be a winner.

Back