TCL: 3L for no local dimming, 400 nits tv.

Every year, either the prices should come down or the technology should improve for the same price.
The X90 series is neither. X90H is not much different from the X90E of 3 years ago and prices have increased over this time. That alone makes it a less value. X90E was a great value in its time X90H is ok ok. It is a good value for 75k.
Agreed.Sony should have sensible prices.I already said that

If you take the TCL or Hisense example, they have moved on so much in the same period.
Evolution of 6 series is clear.
DLED (2017) -> Full array Local Dimming DLED (2018) -> Full array Local Dimming QLED (2019) -> Mini LED based Local Dimming QLED. (2020)
All this for same or marginal price increase well justified.

Similar path can be traced for Hisense H8/H9.

Hisense is also working on Dual Cell Tv.Its better than mini led in terms of black leves.It has other issues though.

Where are the mini LED TVs from big 3? Where is the 1000/2000nits TV from sony?

Big3 can only think they are gimmicks and turn away for so long. They have clearly started showing results.
No wonder TCL and Hisense became 2nd and 3rd most selling in US while LG and Sony were pushed back.
I am sure, next year will be a bigger blow. Wont be surprised if they take the number 1&2 spots.

Its big 4 isn't it if you consider Panasonic.as we are talking about global market.

Well LG and Samsung are not going to produce LCD.as both have stopped production. Samsung is heavily banking on QD-OLED which is going to come in 2 years and in the long terms its planning to bring QNED which is Samsung answer to OLED.Samsung and LG may push for Micro-LED.

But all these technologies are not expected to come for at least next 5-6 years.Now as far as Sony and Panasonic concerned they have invested for years in R&D that is why they one of the best processing, colour science etc.

Sony do have a 2000nits tv which you can buy today.well not today on Oct 5.Its the best LCD tv in the market.It can get super bright 2100nits.Its crazy expensive though.

Panasonic HZ2000 is the best OLED one can buy.Not in india unfortunetly.

Also TCL and Hisense are best sellers because of price.anything which is cheap is going to sell more.In india also cheap Chinese tvs have significant more sales than LG.

TCL looks like really out there to kill the koreans.

ironically QD OLED is developed by Samsung display only.Its just that samsungs tv subsidiary is not keen to use OLEDs because so fat they are doing anti-OLED campaign to sell their QLED tvs.

So its TCL who is going to buy from Samsung display and bring it to market first.Anyways its benificial for end consumers.Because these tvs will be definatly cheaper than what samsung would have launched.We may see other manufacturers bringing these to market like we see with QLED tvs.

The C815 review is out and is not bad as I thought after all.

Colour performance seem impressive and brightness seem to be the fly in the ointment.

The C815 review is out and is not bad as I thought after all.

Colour performance seem impressive and brightness seem to be the fly in the ointment.
The review is positive because the pricing in UK isn't bad for what it offers. Just to give context, the 65" C815 costs £800, while in India it costs ₹1 lakh. Now, the U8QF 65" in UK costs £1200, while the equivalent price in India for upcoming Toshiba U80 is ₹95k.

This TV can be a passable value in India, if the 65" model costs below 65k. At 1 lakh, hell no.

The review is positive because the pricing in UK isn't bad for what it offers. Just to give context, the 65" C815 costs £800, while in India it costs ₹1 lakh. Now, the U8QF 65" in UK costs £1200, while the equivalent price in India for upcoming Toshiba U80 is ₹95k.

This TV can be a passable value in India, if the 65" model costs below 65k. At 1 lakh, hell no.
Dont think its a good value at 65K when we have U79 for 66k.Only TCl 6 series can justify 1lac tag

Dont think its a good value at 65K when we have U79 for 66k.Only TCl 6 series can justify 1lac tag
I never said it will be a good value, but it will be a passable value at 65k. It has android TV v/s the shitty VIDAA I'm sick of. A firestick 4k is necessary with a Toshiba.

By good, I meant the raw numbers itself.
97% P3 gamut and 4800:1 contrast ratio with a edge lit lighting is a feat whichever way you look at. People who want the novelty factor and watch mostly SDR may actually prefer it.
Assuming same specs, 50" c715 at 40k and 55" c715 at 50k are value and is off by only 5k which I think will be offset by discounts or offline bargaining. Main thing, people will not be disappointed even though it is edge lit. Buyers remorse at those price will be very less. Should also consider that all other options in the range are inferior except for U79. Iam not sure Toshiba U50 and Hisense A71 can be better than this. Should see a review for A71 equivalent and conclude.

Of course, well informed and HDR consumers will go for U79.

Also, I have a feeling that Hisense/Toshiba pricing is like fixed. Wont deviate much from mrp looking at the mrp prices. TCL tvs of the past usually sell at 30% less than m.r.p after just 2 months of release. Either ways TCL just dumps older tech to Europe and india. This TVs are not needed in today's context at all. I think Hisense presence will not help too since they are always a competetion in the europe and still TCL did nothing. Could be case of nut-case boss for these regions. Forget india, I cant imagine TCL 6 series not selling in europe. That's plain miscalculation.

97% P3 gamut and 4800:1 contrast ratio with a edge lit lighting is a feat whichever way you look at. People who want the novelty factor and watch mostly SDR may actually prefer it.
Assuming same specs, 50" c715 at 40k and 55" c715 at 50k are value and is off by only 5k which I think will be offset by discounts or offline bargaining. Main thing, people will not be disappointed even though it is edge lit. Buyers remorse at those price will be very less. Should also consider that all other options in the range are inferior except for U79. Iam not sure Toshiba U50 and Hisense A71 can be better than this. Should see a review for A71 equivalent and conclude.

Of course, well informed and HDR consumers will go for U79.
The gamut and the contrast ratio is nothing new. VA panels have been hitting 4000+ contrast ratio for years. The new panels like the one in Samsung Frame hit 8000:1 native. Also, it's a QLED so 90+% P3 is not surprising, but nice to see.

How can you assume same specs for C715 for 50" variants? Generally for any brand, 55" will have lower performance than 65" and 50" will be lower than 55". For example, in the H9G/U8QF, the 55" only has 132 dimming zones v/s 180 on 65", and much lower performance in general for HDR. Also, they might be different panels since C715 doesn't have MEMC while 815 does. So not really sure.

The Hisense A71 is notably worse than Toshiba U50 based on comparisons I've seen, and the U50 might be comparable to the C715. Not sure, but it doesn't have wide-colour gamut like the U79 or C715.

I am not sure what the use of 97% gamut for SDR.as SDR can not take advantage of it.

Also as mentioned in above post contrast ratio is ok.even a 30K iffalcon can reach 4500 contrast ratio.

Toshiba has raised the game with U79.Now we need to say what others are gonna do

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back