TCL 65X4 65inch 4k Tv!

edges

Dear Members,

I have finally made up my mind to buy the TCL 65X4 65inch 4k TV after comparing the branded TV's.
Has anybody been able to compare side by side with the samsung Qled? as i was not able to demo except the TCL newly opened branded store in Bangalore.
Kindly give your reviews and suggestions for any other alternate purchase.
The best price i could get was for one thursday offer of 96.4k at croma.

Thanks and waiting for your valuable inputs for my purchasing decision.
amazon reviews have been positive.
P.s- this comes with 3 years company warranty

Last edited:
Hi,

Samsung Qled TVs are really great but it's not the best vfm. Mainly because of the terrible viewing angles. In my own experience, TCL did not wow me like the Samsung. I couldn't finalize on any TV, having had a decent experience with plasma tv, which is why I settled for a full hd projector. But projectors are not practical and only serve specific purpose. So it all depends on your usage.

Hi,

Samsung Qled TVs are really great but it's not the best vfm. Mainly because of the terrible viewing angles. In my own experience, TCL did not wow me like the Samsung. I couldn't finalize on any TV, having had a decent experience with plasma tv, which is why I settled for a full hd projector. But projectors are not practical and only serve specific purpose. So it all depends on your usage.
I too have a dying plasma(line of death) so not able to decide on the picture quality except the OLED which are out of budget for 65inch size....this will be mainly used n hall for daily watch mainly for kid and parents....rest i have my small HT setup in my bedroom with BenQ W10170 and onkyo A/V receiver+5.1 floor speakers....now awaiting to check VU quantum pixelight series with 1000+ nits brightness which i might run with amazon firestick 4k...

Well its an very good topic on 65x4 TCL, it boasts as Qled display for the price there is not other competitor in Indian Market 65inch with HDR Hermen Speakers any audio video- enthusiastic would love to have but is there an better option to consider? Mainly when we talk about the picture quality is it worth the buy or if we compare Ifalcon 65inch does the job better for the price?

I have also just purchased TCL X4 and IMO comparing QLED to IPS panel TV (Iffalcon) is like comparing oranges to Apple, it is entirely different tech and clarity is to be seen to believe, Earlier there was an issue with X4 with laggy interface and not so good HDR performance but I think there has been a recent update released which has improved a lot.
check: https://avadblog.wordpress.com/2019...iqTLVfrMQhqgV7kaTQhAB-FAGrm1zKymvm-LnOYX1hno4

You should also check out the vu qled tv on Flipkart or tata cliq similar price but it has more brightness according to specs and even higher watt speakers than the TCL one

You should also check out the vu qled tv on Flipkart or tata cliq similar price but it has more brightness according to specs and even higher watt speakers than the TCL one
I already have a Vu 65" Iconium tv and it isn't bad but TCL makes their own Panels and not just assemble/rebrand (Hisense), Also TCL has 3 year standard warranty whereas Vu 1year, got an offer on Tatacliq with 2 year extra warranty free so total 5 year warranty is really nice to have, rest having higher wattage speaker does not make it always sing.

yeah apparently its ELED so not sure how effective Local dimming will be.
also the native software is really bad on my Iconic Tv, it never received any updates and TCL has official android Tv software which gets updated very often and has good number of apps that can be downloaded from app store.

I have also just purchased TCL X4 and IMO comparing QLED to IPS panel TV (Iffalcon) is like comparing oranges to Apple, it is entirely different tech and clarity is to be seen to believe, Earlier there was an issue with X4 with laggy interface and not so good HDR performance but I think there has been a recent update released which has improved a lot.
check: https://avadblog.wordpress.com/2019...iqTLVfrMQhqgV7kaTQhAB-FAGrm1zKymvm-LnOYX1hno4

Is this QLED (Quantum dot technology) better than watch than on projector? Can it beat resolution of LG OLED?

Is this QLED (Quantum dot technology) better than watch than on projector? Can it beat resolution of LG OLED?

nothing at present can beat OLED for picture qualty and as such they are expensive but QLED have better colors I believe, as for Projector versus Qled its each to his own, you cannot watch regular TV on projector also clarity of a TV is always much better as compared to projector which depends heavily on ambiance lighting and other external factors.

Both are different experiences. Oled will have better picture quality and deep blacks. Leds, qleds will have good picture quality and will be bright too. It’s very hard for a projector to match the brightness level of a decent Tv. But big picture from a projector is way more immersive than what tv can product. Also heard that reflected image is less hard on eyes Besides, 4k resolution is irrelevant unless the viewer is too close to the TV, at least in theory. What makes 4k hdr superior is its brightness and wide color gamut.

just received my 65X4US yesterday and few early observations:
Color on it are brilliant as compared to my last vu 65" Iconium Tv and I am talking about regular 4 k or 1080 movies (non HDR)
also it is FALD and works great using local dimming, never used a Sony and LG expensive brands so cannot compare with them,
no light bleeding, sweet sound, looks premium, warranty is 3+2yrs extra offer by Tata cliq so a good deal IMO, Android 8 is loaded on it which is nice but cannot be compared to Shield or dedicated Android boxes.
Only issue so far is Motion judder (Soap Opera effect) which keeps coming back and has to manually deactivate it, this is a known issue with many
TCL 4K TV's around the world and most probably a software issue so hopefully be taken care off sooner or later.

if any other information needed let me know.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back