TCP Optimizer & Other Tweaks

Creating a new thread to explore this nifty tool introduced by Keith.
For those of us who are on Windows this should be an interesting software tool

Please try it out and share your experience on here.

What tweaks are you suggesting?

I just installed it last night so still investigating.

On first run, I selected the "Optimize" radio button to see what it did by default.
It suggested a list of changes which I agreed to and it did a system restart to implement.
Will see if it has made any (significant) differences with time.

Regards

Windows 10 gets most of the things right out of the box. It might not be a good idea to change settings unless you understand them. If you do understand the settings, they can be manipulated from command prompt with "netsh interface tcp" commands.

Backup your settings first before you hit apply changes. ;)

Windows 10 gets most of the things right out of the box. It might not be a good idea to change settings unless you understand them. If you do understand the settings, they can be manipulated from command prompt with "netsh interface tcp" commands.

Believe me when I say even windows 10 Keith helped to me tweak to no ends and jump in SQ was nothing short of Amazing
It's a time consuming process and issue is Keith does not always get time due to his work

Yes, "most" is right! But not even that is true all the time. They can never get it because it's built to cater to a myriad of devices downstream and it's a jungle out there so the onus is on us to make it work well the way we want it to work well. Hence, the utility of these utilities.
BTW, I have been using TCP Optimizer since Windows 95 (yes, I'm that old!) and it works very well indeed. Windows versions subsequent to Windows 95 have all been better and better but there has not been even one version that has not benefitted for TCP optimizer though the quantum of benefit has kept decreasing.
And whether you understand the settings or don't, using a GUI is always better (idiot proof!) than a command line unless one is a sadist or REALLY old timer. I'm one of them - to open MS Word, I sometimes type in Winword. o_O

I just installed it last night so still investigating.

On first run, I selected the "Optimize" radio button to see what it did by default.
It suggested a list of changes which I agreed to and it did a system restart to implement.
Will see if it has made any (significant) differences with time.

Regards

Ah...that is good...I always like the one key all accomplished option for the 'brain dead like me' :)

Believe me when I say even windows 10 Keith helped to me tweak to no ends and jump in SQ was nothing short of Amazing
It's a time consuming process and issue is Keith does not always get time due to his work

+1 to that for audio at least.

Just for information, what differences should I observe?, nit just from the point of view of audio.

Just for information, what differences should I observe?, nit just from the point of view of audio.

Better timing and drop in noise floor

Ideally this should be true for any kind of software optimization, network related software or hardware ( Ethernet cable or switch)

Which should automatically translate into audible benefit (or not) while streaming - the same as audiophile grade networking wires and switches etc purportedly do (or don't). ;)
And that's the reason why I originally posted about this in the other thread - so that people like me could use this instead to try to improve streaming/network performance for free!

Last edited:
Try this in Windows for fun:

0. Close all applications
1. Press Windows key + R
2. Type in: devmgmt.msc
3. Expand the display adapters branch in the tree
4. Right click on your display adapter and disable your display driver
5. The screen might/will go blank. Do a hard reboot.
6. Windows will restart with the native Microsoft display adapter active with maybe a horrible screen resolution
7. Open your favorite media player and play music
8. Sounds better? Worse? Let us know.

To get back to your old screen resolution follow steps 1 thru 4 but this time enable the driver.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back