Tellurium being looked at by UK’s Advertising Standards Authority

So they could/did not back up their claim as in the advertising... That would be misleading unless they contest the decision which in this case, they have chosen not to..

There are thousands of other claims which, though unjustified, may continue to be advertised until someone objects. In the world of audio, would measurements be needed to substantiate a claim, or would listening be the ultimate test? It's so subjective!

On another note, exaggerated claims in the healthcare domain may be far more injurious to consumers. Unfortunately ASA, or ASCI in India, will act only if there is a formal complaint.

Interesting article. Does not mean Tellurium is good or bad as a cable. It’s just marketing it, one needs to be careful.
The naysayers will read this as a confirmation of their belief..
The cable / fuse folks will take it in their stride as validation measurements can never be the same as validation through ears! :)

There are thousands of other claims which, though unjustified, may continue to be advertised until someone objects.

On another note, exaggerated claims in the healthcare domain may be far more injurious to consumers. Unfortunately ASA, or ASCI in India, will act only if there is a formal complaint.

Theranos had seemed so exciting at one time.

The naysayers will read this as a confirmation of their belief..
The cable / fuse folks will take it in their stride as validation measurements can never be the same as validation through ears! :)
I like cables. It gives me one more thing to google and when broke, make changes to the system at a modest outlay (relatively). Now please don’t kill my joy :)

Does anyone on the forum use their cables ? I know couple of people in the US who have tried them and they like it.

All high end cable companies use some technobable jargon or the other to fight the competition.
Other cable manufacturers simply publish the measured parameters of the cable like inductance, resistance and capacitance which is a more honest approach.

If budget is not a constrain and if a high priced cable sounds good in your system to your ears, then be happy and you can set aside all the scientifically unscientific jargons the company boasts of for which it will never give any proper or logical explanation. Ofcourse one can score on bragging rights like cryogenic, phase accuracy and what not.

Does anyone on the forum use their cables ? I know couple of people in the US who have tried them and they like it.
I use their Black Diamond interconnects (RCA) from dac to pre-amp

So far found no reason to remove them from my system

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back