Terrible sound system at Dolby atmos theater in Kerala

`
I have made the decision to build an amazing home theater system so I never have to go to a movie theater again

Good resolution for the new year! Not very tough to build a 5.1 all the way from scratch, especially if you have a sub playing the low end.

With the right kind of speakers you would only need a 3.1 in an area of 400~500 sq. ft.

Let me know if I can help.

Last edited:
I have made the decision to build an amazing home theater system so I never have to go to a movie theater again

Good luck mainitaining that decision. Dont get me wrong. Everything is fine. you may have th ebest of the best audio visual stuff in the world But.... there is a big but which no one can escape. and that but is the but of waiting time. All new movies which run in theatres take at the minimum a month to get on blu ray disc and thats is something extremely few people have the guts to say yes i can wait that long.

hi HTFAN,

You are right in saying so its very difficult to find out the difference between 2k and 4k unless you are a through proffessional and for a comman man or a nob it would be better if the theatre owners certify that there screen/projector are indeed 4k capable or there should be some department who authorises them.

For dolbyatmos or auro or dts x equipped theatres these sound formats are indeed checked personally by the concern audio sources and for which they issue the certification that this theatre is equipped with there formats..

i dont know about the 4k video part as to who is authorised or takes care of the above procedure????

r/s
4 K projectors are now installed in many theatres , the only benefit is that 4K projectors illumination power is 10000 lumens more than 2 K projectors . Nothing else . Movies are still coming in 2K format and showing through 4 K projectors , fooling the public .
Public imagines that they are watching movie in 4 k format but it’s not so . Over brightness on screen is the only purpose served now by 4 K projectors . Just to attract audience some cinema halls are keeping 4 k projectors . It’s kept only for more light on screen , the content is still 2 K .

When I watched the Independence day-2 at the Phoenix Mall (Chennai) in I-MAX, the picture aspect ratio was not 16/9(which is the common aspect ratio for IMAX) rather it was like 2.3/1. So I doubt that they charged us more than Rs.400+ and showed us a regular print. however the sound quality was good.

When I watched the Independence day-2 at the Phoenix Mall (Chennai) in I-MAX, the picture aspect ratio was not 16/9(which is the common aspect ratio for IMAX) rather it was like 2.3/1. So I doubt that they charged us more than Rs.400+ and showed us a regular print. however the sound quality was good.
They usually mention it as a non IMAX movie In a strange terminology which is not easy to comprehend.

Kerala to get its first IMAX in Trivandrum. This will be an IMAX laser exhibited by cinepolis in upcoming Taurus mall :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back