Terror Strike in Mumbai - Hope all are fine.

ajinkya

I know this is an audio forum so I don't post off-topic msgs as a rule. But when something of this nature and magnitude occurs, which affects every Indian here and abroad, I think it is relevant to the Indian audio community in general.

I hope that all forum members and their loved ones in Mumbai are safe and have not been a casualty in tonight/today's terror attack. I am in Mumbai currently so if there is any way I can help out for members who are unable to reach their families or need information, you can reach me at 22854860 (landline). I hope other Mumbai based forum members can also volunteer if needed. There is also a blood donation drive on at the Govt. hospitals including JJ. I may go there if help is needed.

I also hope each of these terrorists is not arrested but shot dead on the spot. Or else hanged in the middle of the city for all to see. And then shot again, just to make sure. It angers and saddens me to see our country in this state...again.

-Ajinkya.

Sad to hear what had happened in mumbai...today, we are all facing challenges that we only read in books of fiction or things that we studied as theoretical possibilities... and I guess we have not seen the bottom of this, yet... my deepest condolences to those who lost their dear ones...

Thanks for post.

Almost everyone was at home as the incidance took place after Office hrs.

Let us pray for the safety of people who are still held hostage.

Pradeep

Whenever discussion or meetings being to happen on peace talks with Pakistan, they do something to disrupt the same

God be with our brave soldiers and army men and police and paramedics who are out there in the middle.
My heartfelt condolences and prayers to the departed innocent. May their souls rest in peace and may their deaths be avenged.
I still cant take my mind off the grim picture of a bleeding kid in today's TOI.
Ajinkya, god bless you too for having voluntereed to help those in crisis.

It is completely unfair for anyone to disrupt normal lives in this fashion. My heart goes out to Hemant Karkare, Vijay Salaskar, and Ashok Kamte who laid down their lives in the line of duty. Also to the numerous unnamed Police, Army, NSG, and Navy personnel. We see a lot of such action in movies, but to do it in real life is completely different, and needs courage of a very high order. And of course, to the helpless civilians who have been caught in the cross fire.

I am praying to God that this kind of senseless violence ends quickly. I also hope our government gathers enough courage to remove this cancer at it's roots.

We worry so much when our loved ones are even hurt very lightly. And here we have people being shot and killed. May God give their loved ones the strength to live through the next few days courageously.

Venkat

My deepest sympathy to those who lost their loved ones in this barbaric acts. . .

I'm with you in prayers that this senseless killings,to borrow from Venkat, will end asap so that precious lives will not be wasted . . .

May God bless us always . . .

xela

I am sad and angry with our situation in the country. We have been taken for granted and we will be for generations to come. Wish I could do something to be helpful.

Hi Guys,
Really hope and pray that all my fellow mumbai members, their families and friends are safe.

This has been truly un imaginable for an average south mumbai ite. Hope we dont forget this act. Hope we do have something resembling crisis management in the future.

Hope this ends soon.

When a baby is born, I believe the baby is completely innocent. That same baby grows up in a mad environment that teaches to hate other human beings, kill and harrass innocent people and take pride in such shameful activities. Unfortunately the world we live in has directly or indirectly encouraged such environments.

At the moment there are a lot of mixed emotions inside me. But undoubtedly the most predominant of these feelings is deep anger! Obviously no words can describe the feelings of those who have lost their near and dear ones.

What a Barbaric act by these Terrorist , i dont understand why they are targeting the innocent people , I feel very angry about the security lapse in our country , these B******* are coming through sea and our Navy has not noticed it, they have entered the VT with machine guns and Grenades and no security noticed them , There is no social security in our country , I hope and pray atleast after this , our government will do and take strong actions to curbe these type of activities.

Dear friends

Where are we heading to? Now sending a unmanned mission to space and moon has become a joke of our Country when it cannot protect herself from these kind of terrorist war. Its a shame on our Political System that our Navy, Coast Guard and Police Officials are not given due improvisations on latest technology and technics. Couldn't an unwarranted Speed boat movement couldn't be looked upon in a radar or any other equipment?

Was there an Inteligence failure? or the mumbai police was careless about the warning of the central Inteligence beaureau is giving after when all the damage has been done?

Worst is the police are not given full bullet proof jackets and our nation has lost the best officials........

Its high time that our politicians wake up now and this is not a time to criticise upon their contemporeries. Let there be a change in the Judiciary and Parliment Proceedings. If ,our so called powerfull Politicians can only make decisions we are left at their mercy....

This incident shows how vulnerable is our Motherland that can be besieged.We have a vast Coastline let the govenrment think of building a strong Naval Base.

My profound grief and heartfelt condolences for the berieved families.(Not for the terrorists)

After a long time I recently revisited some Bond Movies. One scene from Licence To Kill is very apt for the current situation.

Bond is in the US to get his close friend Felix Leiter married off to another friend of his Della Churchill. When Bond and Felix are going to the Church, they are intercepted by DEA with the news that a major drug lord, Sanchez, had just landed in the US. So Bond goes off to capture Sanchez and hand him over to Felix. He then continues with the marriage and then drives off to the airport to catch a plane. Just as he is getting his boarding pass, he hears the news that Sanchez has escaped.

He rushes back to Felix's house to see Della killed, and the live remains of Felix after he had been fed to the sharks. Bond starts a lonely war against Sanchez. He is pulled up by MI6, and his licence to kill is revoked. As he is chasing Sanchez and his organisation, the US government does not support him openly but provides him tacit support. After a initial violence, an US agent corners Bond and warns him. 'We do have laws in the country,' says the agent.

In a fit of anger Bond asks him, 'Do you have any law against what was done to Felix?'.

In a NDTV interview, a stupid lawyer from Delhi, Ms. Nitya Ramakrishnan, was arguing vehemently against the movement for going after and destroying the organisation that perpetrated the violence in Mumbai. 'We have laws in the country and we should allow the law to take its own course,' she said.

'Take it's own course' is a phrase that has been used very often in India for inaction. If all we do is make a few leaders resign, we are just waiting for the next attack.

my heart goes out to the people personally affected by this tragedy. and the people of bombay that have to live with this wondering if they can do anything in safety.

but i think this particular attack is a wake up call for our govt and all of us that we are very inadequately equipped to deal with any form of terrorist attack and there is now urgent priority to be given to prevent these situations. and urgent priority to dismantle organizations that carry out these situations

I agree with Venkat and others but the fault lies with us also. Not just regarding not voting at elections but here's a simple example:

Many of us may have passed via the Mumbai-Pune expressway. At each toll booth, there are a row of cameras to monitor the occupants of the arriving car. I have seen them in a state of disrepair many times but I never got down to ask who was going to repair them and when. I was in "too much of a hurry". Let's put it bluntly - I was negligent and lazy about my and my country's security. The same cameras could have provided vital clues about the IM terrorists who planted the train bombs in Mumbai very recently...they went from Mumbai to Pune via expressway after the blasts.

How many of us are guilty of this kind of careless attitude? Our tax money goes for all security equipment yet we don't care about it's functioning. Yes, the authorities should be responsible, yes the infrastructure should be maintained...etc... but can't we be the watchdogs? The next time I'm on the expressway, I will stop and ask if I see a non-functional camera and talk to the person responsible. Yes, maybe it will take time to file a complaint and get action... if one person does it. But what if every second person stops at the toll booth and files a complaint? Do you think the authorities will still sleep then?

Our state of affairs is a result of our own inaction. As a small first step, the next time you see a non-functioning camera, metal checker, lax guard, internet cafe that does not record people's names, in your own city or anywhere in India, stop, spend 10 minutes of your life and demand answers. Those 10 minutes might save 30 years of yours or some Indian citizn's life in the future.

Enough preaching...I will now get back to audio discussions. I hope all of you and family are safe in India.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back