Test tracks for checking soundstage and depth in speaker setup

Song starts with guitar on left side, bass drum between center and right speaker with constant placement till end of the song. Initial vocal comes from center and later on with chorus from slight between center and right.
Please let me know if any other references to be checked. Thanks.
If you can get this in lossless files, this 3 CD collection is quite nice to asses the way your set up sounds and performs.
There might be similar compilations of music from our subcontinent. I think AR.Rahman’s music is very well recorded

Neele Neele Ambar Par (Male Version) with SriDevi Poster is in hi res lossless
Must try... excellent copy exceptional 👍🏼

Sting - My Songs (Deluxe)
Tracks: Roxanne, message in a bottle & walking on the moon

Nightmares on Wax:
Album: In a Space Outta Sound
Tracks: You Wish & African Pirates

Daft Punk: Random access memories

Fleetwood Mac: Rumours
Tracks: Dreams, The Chain & Rhiannon

Last edited:
Mac is crazy. If you have an ipad or iphone that will be better. The Music app on mac is total shit. Please run audio midi app to setup your dac. It may display some wierd name for your DAC in some cases. E.g for one of my dac it displays speaker. Choose the sample rate at which the song is playing. I have got tired of changing the sample rate every time an album changes. So I keep it at 192 kHz.
Even on my PC it shows my iFi USB DAC as speaker. And sampling rate defaults to CD everytime I power down and startup.

iTunes on it is even more crazy. It I plug in the DAC before iTunes is opened it plays through it. If I forgot to switch on the DAC prior to using iTunes it plays on headphones even if the Win switched to the DAC as the playback device.

Mac is crazy. If you have an ipad or iphone that will be better. The Music app on mac is total shit. Please run audio midi app to setup your dac. It may display some wierd name for your DAC in some cases. E.g for one of my dac it displays speaker. Choose the sample rate at which the song is playing. I have got tired of changing the sample rate every time an album changes. So I keep it at 192 kHz.

View attachment 69767
Thanks, with this settings now I am able to set output format which I can set till 384000 and it reflects in my dac leds.

Then your speakers are aligned perfectly, rest easy.
The track from Shaan is one of the most well recorded in the history of Bollywood recordings. Amazing panning from left to right and vice versa (gives you an idea of soundstage width ) , with depth of bass and superb dynamic range. (Of course I’m talking about the first pressing LP , in CDs/ streaming the dynamic range is much less. ).
Wow! Glad to know about Shaan soundtracks! Let me try if I could find LP rip of it. Thanks

If you can get this in lossless files, this 3 CD collection is quite nice to asses the way your set up sounds and performs.
There might be similar compilations of music from our subcontinent. I think AR.Rahman’s music is very well recorded
Sure, let me try to find them, thanks!

I am still not getting audio quality section as yours in playback settings in music app. :(
Are you on Big Sur or higher?
Upto Catalina, apple was of the opinion that people don't require high resolution and people are very much ok with mp3. Then came Tidal, Qobuz and others. That forced them to come with high resolution on with big sur after catalina and losless just last year.
So if you are on Catalina you will have to upgrade.

Kryptic Minds for bass test
Tracks: six degrees, badman vip & time flies
They made OSTs for the movie Elysium

Even on my PC it shows my iFi USB DAC as speaker. And sampling rate defaults to CD everytime I power down and startup.

iTunes on it is even more crazy. It I plug in the DAC before iTunes is opened it plays through it. If I forgot to switch on the DAC prior to using iTunes it plays on headphones even if the Win switched to the DAC as the playback device.
For my allo revolution, it displays the correct name. The allo revolution doesn't have a headphone control. The ALSA mixer device name on my Xonar Essense dac is named speaker. Lot of DACs name their mixer control as speaker for speaker output, headphone for headphone out, etc. So some amateur program at apple probably did the device recognition part in the music app.

Nightmares on Wax:

You guys are lucky. Apple being geographically locked, we cannot get the variety you have there in UAE 😭And pay through the nose. It's INR 400 equivalent per month. Now worth 5 litres of petrol here.

You guys are lucky. Apple being geographically locked, we cannot get the variety you have there in UAE 😭And pay through the nose. It's INR 400 equivalent per month. Now worth 5 litres of petrol here.
Yepp it's actually very cheap but unbelievable to come at such pricing from apple.

Zindagi mein pehli baar apple ko akkal aa gayi. Only thing good they've done out of pressure. Competition is good 😊

Nightmares on Wax:

Sure, I will try them once my apple music gets resolved. Thanks

Are you on Big Sur or higher?
Upto Catalina, apple was of the opinion that people don't require high resolution and people are very much ok with mp3. Then came Tidal, Qobuz and others. That forced them to come with high resolution on with big sur after catalina and losless just last year.
So if you are on Catalina you will have to upgrade.
I'm on Catalina, unfortunately due to it's 2012 model. I maybe unable to update further, let me check though.

Yepp it's actually very cheap but unbelievable to come at such pricing from apple.

Zindagi mein pehli baar apple ko akkal aa gayi. Only thing good they've done out of pressure. Competition is good 😊
must be the volume they have there in India. And Gaana, Saregama, Saavan etc. from there are available alternatives, aren't they?

Here in UAE with 9 million population how much can they sell?

BTW, I use YT Music free version. If switching to Premium would it up the resolution?

Even the last CD shop in Cochin from where I am seemed to close down (nearly 4 yrs since I went there) and last time I could get only a couple of MP3 "sticks". If YT Premium would be of use I could get that instead of hunting for CDs.

must be the volume they have there in India. And Gaana, Saregama, Saavan etc. from there are available alternatives, aren't they?

Here in UAE with 9 million population how much can they sell?

BTW, I use YT Music free version. If switching to Premium would it up the resolution?

Even the last CD shop in Cochin from where I am seemed to close down (nearly 4 yrs since I went there) and last time I could get only a couple of MP3 "sticks". If YT Premium would be of use I could get that instead of hunting for CDs.
Nope it's only ad free and some features. Not HD. But you can get other streaming services.

If apple music works for you man ur lucky today. Coke studio: All seasons added recently i guess.

Maujjan hi Maujjan

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back