The audio perfectionist

arj

Staff member
I ran into this magazine several years back and loved it as he simplified some of the concepts ( including cables !)

It's great that vandersteen audio is actually putting 16 editions of this for download .

Posting the link here for those who may want to download

Audio Perfectionist Journal | Vandersteen Audio

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is one info which seems to get it spot on !
The truth about loudspeakers is that the vast majority of commercially available designs cant come close to accurately reproducing the electrical signal created by your expensive audio components. Most speakers were designed to be inaccurate on purpose in order to create a unique sound. Many engineers who do attempt to design accurate speakers ignore time, phase and energy storage as if these factors have no audible effectsthey strive for flat frequency response above all else. Some speakers are purposely designed to increase time smear by directing a large portion of their output towards the room boundaries. Some speaker types store and release so much energy that they add artificial reverbera- tion to the sound. All this results in a marketplace filled with a huge variety of speaker types, most with a unique sonic signature and almost none with the ability to accurately convert the electrical input signal to acoustic energythe true goal of an accurate transducer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back