The Best VPN for viewing geo restricted content on netflix etc

sand87ch

Hi,

So i have been using VPN since around 2014.I have mainy used

1.Private Internet Access(mostly)
2.Express VPN(rarely)
3.Mullvad(for past 6 months)

PIA i know doesnt always successfuly unblock netflix for US location.And the US server speeds are really not that great.Mullvad its despicable relating to unblocking these.
Express VPN though it claims unblocking but many servers dont.

With new intermediary and OTT guidelines kicking in i guess in an year or so our govt would try its best to make OTT and Ekta kapoor type stuff indistinguishable.
Does anybody have an idea/exp about VPN that has a good unblocking for geo restricted content?

I have been using smartdnsproxy.com for many years. It is always reccomended to use dns services instead of VPN as VPN tends to slow down the overall speed. They also have VPN which comes free with the subscription if you are planning to use VPN for other purposes.
Nice one.I will have a look. just a question since u r a user.I have a BSNL fiber connection.So whats ur thoughts on the effect it has on say speeds,configuring etc

Tried one or two times NordVPN, no issues faced.
Hows nord vis-a-vis speed?

With DNS many titles will not open up on USA netflix.it says you are using unblocking service kindly contact Netflix.com
ok.do i need to mix this with a vpn?

I use expressVPN premium version unlocks Netflix US and UK contents.
well i used to i think 2019. Then i had faced issues with netflix us on one or two servers and finally i gave up.But thing is does using this allow downloading titles on netflix.and to avoid geo block do i ned vpn+some geo unblocker etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using smartdnsproxy.com for many years. It is always reccomended to use dns services instead of VPN as VPN tends to slow down the overall speed. They also have VPN which comes free with the subscription if you are planning to use VPN for other purposes.
With DNS many titles will not open up on USA netflix.it says you are using unblocking service kindly contact Netflix.com

With keepsollid dns service usa Netflix opens up.but few titles not all though they are displayed on screen when you try to play them it says the above msg doesn't open.
Ur screen displays top us 10titles
For ex bond movies which are not there on Indian prime video can be assessed with DNS on USA prime in 4k quality with Indian prime account itself.usa subscription not required.
And you need to keep on updating ip address

Last edited by a moderator:
just a question since u r a user.I have a BSNL fiber connection.So whats ur thoughts on the effect it has on say speeds,configuring etc
No effects on speed at all. May be latency could be little higher but speed is not a problem.

This was the case about 2 years back or so. DNS services have found a way to get rid of that limitation. It is working perfectly fine for me.

No effects on speed at all. May be latency could be little higher but speed is not a problem.
With DNS speed will not be affected.but with vpn speed gets reduced drastically

This was the case about 2 years back or so. DNS services have found a way to get rid of that limitation. It is working perfectly fine for me.
My comment is based on last month experience.i have to discontinue the service
Keepsollid dns server

Express VPN, in my experience is the best, a bit pricey but it's worth. It's super easy to setup and support a wide range of devices.

Last edited:
Kon tiki movie is not there on Netflix india but is available on usa Netflix.. with DNS the movie is displayed on screen but when you try to play it doesn't.it says using unblocking service .
So I had to discontinue

No with keepsollid dns service usa Netflix opens up.but few titles not all though they are displayed on screen when you try to play them it says the above msg doesn't open.
Ur screen displays top us 10titles
For ex bond movies which are not there on Indian prime video can be assessed with DNS on USA prime in 4k quality with Indian prime account itself.usa subscription not required.
And you need to keep on updating ip address
so is it only a keepsoliddns issue or an issue with all such dns services.Forgive my limited knowledge or ignorance on DNS routing services.

So is it that @girishtd8262 is facing it on a particular dns service.Also do i need to configure this on a modem/router level?Or can i like configure it device wise(Is that even an option)?

So is it that @girishtd8262 is facing it on a particular dns service.Also do i need to configure this on a modem/router level?Or can i like configure it device wise(Is that even an option)?
No u can configure that either on your media player or router.all instructions are there in the app.
I know only about keepsollid dns.rest I'm unaware

so is it only a keepsoliddns issue or an issue with all such dns services.Forgive my limited knowledge or ignorance on DNS routing services.
As I mentioned, I have been using smartdnsproxy.com for many years. When Netflix was launched worldwide, Netflix started blocking all the VPN and DNS services. But, these VPN and DNS services have found a work around. I haven't faced this issue in smart dns proxy for more than 2 years now.

As I mentioned, I have been using smartdnsproxy.com for many years. When Netflix was launched worldwide, Netflix started blocking all the VPN and DNS services. But, these VPN and DNS services have found a work around. I haven't faced this issue in smart dns proxy for more than 2 years now.
With a smart tv, ie sony bravia Android, is there a way to change the dns for specific apps, like split tunneling with my vpn, so, no need route the local apps through the smart dns, needlessly.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back