The Death Of DVDS For Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reju, as and when you will come at my place, i will get the DVD player in my mini theatre, is that okay?

I do not know why should i use my dvd player, when i can get any day better pq & sq via wdtv.

Vinay.

Reju, as and when you will come at my place, i will get the DVD player in my mini theatre, is that okay?

I do not know why should i use my dvd player, when i can get any day better pq & sq via wdtv.

Vinay.

It's still better to keep it considering you have so many DVDs. Removing all the connections and reconnecting whenever you want to watch a DVD is going to be cumbersome. You can get rid of it once you have all the movies you have on DVD in HD rips too.

Moserw,

My problem remains the same, i have lost interest in DVD.

The high definition movies 720 & 1080P pq & sq is just too good laced with other great benefits which i wrote in the earlier post, i want to go ahead in life, by watching DVD, i will be going reverse.

I am so grateful to you the way you have helped me in understanding the high definition movies, my world has changed by watching such high quality movies.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Ok. Well if you have lost interest then you can please toss the DVDs my way. I'm sure I will enjoy watching them. Even the DVD player too. That is of course if you ever decide to part with them.

Yes HD is the future and once you see it you cannot go back to SD content that much I agree with. Only unfortunately all movies are not yet available in HD hence the DVDs.

Moserw,

My problem remains the same, i have lost interest in DVD.

The high definition movies 720 & 1080P pq & sq is just too good laced with other great benefits which i wrote in the earlier post, i want to go ahead in life, by watching DVD, i will be going reverse.

I am so grateful to you the way you have helped me in understanding the high definition movies, my world has changed by watching such high quality movies.

Vinay.

Vinay, as I said before, any time you want to get rid of the DVDs, my arms are wide open.

Cheers

Vinay.

OK forget the DVD movies for time being. But next time I come I shall get a DVD-Audio disc, the HD music will blow your mind out. You have a nice Denon Universal Player DVDP. And great AVR and speakers to match HQ music! How can it be ever placed outside your Mini Theater??

vinay - I think you missed my post!
If you are not going to buy DVDs anymore, how are you going to source the movies?

regards

Anm bro if we start talking of torrents and other such stuff about d/l even this thread will go for a toss so let's leave it at that.

vinay - I think you missed my post!
If you are not going to buy DVDs anymore, how are you going to source the movies?

regards

By the time you called Hemant,DVD player was already out of theatre.:eek:hyeah:

One thing I found that(after I watched ripped HD-mov on PC) I can say that some DL original DVD picQ can look better than ripped HD-mov.
I can say that DL DVD have atleast 6gb of mov.Ripped HDmov are abt less than 5gb.So when you rip to less than that of original DVD,chances are that we miss details in PicQ.What we get is resolution.With 720p if you get less than 5gb ,so 480 DVD must have more info in 6gb.

Anm bro if we start talking of torrents and other such stuff about d/l even this thread will go for a toss so let's leave it at that.

Ok, I agree & will not discuss here.

Last edited:
??? Come now Spiro. DVD is MPEG2, rips are MPEG4. 1GB of MPEG4 has data that 2GB of MPEG2 holds and even more. So 6GB of DVD will be equal to 3GB of HD rip or even less HD rip data. This is the reason why Reliance Big TV DTH with MPEG4 has better PQ than anyone else, cause the other DTH providers are broadcasting MPEG2. No way the DVD has better PQ unless the rips are from a bad source.

One thing I found that(after I watched ripped HD-mov on PC) I can say that some DL original DVD picQ can look better than ripped HD-mov.
I can say that DL DVD have atleast 6gb of mov.Ripped HDmov are abt less than 5gb.So when you rip to less than that of original DVD,chances are that we miss details in PicQ.What we get is resolution.With 720p if you get less than 5gb ,so 480 DVD must have more info in 6gb.

Do you use a projector as well?

Vinay has a 720p projector. And you don't get that "awe" feeling as compared to watching HD on bigger HDTVs as far as the PQ is concerned.. I had estimated that The DVD/ WDTV difference was only 20-30% improvement. But when you watch on LCD/ Plasma it will be easily 50% better clarity. You feel gripped by the clarity.

??? Come now Spiro. DVD is MPEG2, rips are MPEG4. 1GB of MPEG4 has data that 2GB of MPEG2 holds and even more. So 6GB of DVD will be equal to 3GB of HD rip or even less HD rip data. This is the reason why Reliance Big TV DTH with MPEG4 has better PQ than anyone else, cause the other DTH providers are broadcasting MPEG2. No way the DVD has better PQ unless the rips are from a bad source.

You are right,but see resolution,which needs more space.
ie. If you take same photo in 2MP & 5MP, the later will take more space.I m not considering MPEG2 & 4.but the pixels or resolution.

Do you use a projector as well?

Vinay has a 720p projector. And you don't get that "awe" feeling as compared to watching HD on bigger HDTVs as far as the PQ is concerned.. I had estimated that The DVD/ WDTV difference was only 20-30% improvement. But when you watch on LCD/ Plasma it will be easily 50% better clarity. You feel gripped by the clarity.

I carried few mov(killbill,Xfile)I dont have projector,but compared on 17in monitors.I can say some DVDs can look better than HDripp which I saw(H264)

I carried few mov(killbill,Xfile)I dont have projector,but compared on 17in monitors.I can say some DVDs can look better than HDripp which I saw(H264)

At what resolution is your monitor set? In such small screens you may not find much of difference. What media players/ codecs do you use?

At what resolution is your monitor set? In such small screens you may not find much of difference. What media players/ codecs do you use?

I m using 1152 X 864 & I can see difference too.I dont know what I feel exactly ,but I was expecting little more.Original Blueray mov can look stunning.I can just get as sone DVDs look dull & some good.Killbill looks very good than other Hdstuff.

PowerDVD cant open those,but lattest VLC can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back