The long march for amplifier for Mini Dancer, second set became three sets

I would second Gobble above. dont waste your money in cables untill you get a good source. you will do well with el cheapo stuff till then

A temptation has also been to look at CD Players. The review of CA 840 and Ayon sound tempting, but i am not sure if the DAC quality in these match up to a good quality external DAC (say benchmark or Peter Daniel NOS DAC).

Would love some feedback from you.

. .

Though I am not one of the persons referred to here - as a humble former user of the benchmark DAC1 and a future user of the Ayon Cd1s (having heard the CD1 and CD2 extensively), I can very confidently state that there is no comparison between the 2, and the CD1 one box at-least will stomp the living daylights out of the benchmark DAC and whatever transport in the following areas:
Low and high end extension
Imaging
Soundstaging
Layering
resolution
warmth
sheer musicality
Again just my humble opinion.
Cheers
Sid

Last edited:
Sidvee, thanks for the feedback, the request for help was for all forum members.

I did have an option of CD07, but i wasnt sure about which direction to go. CD2 or CD1 seems to be way above what can fit in the pocket with already a large hole.

I am going to let things stay at Samsung for a few weeks, till i figure out which direction is better.

Interesting journey, and congrats on the purchases ! And kudos to you for making sure you heard the amps with your speakers only, in your environment

Sidvee, thanks for the feedback, the request for help was for all forum members.

I did have an option of CD07, but i wasnt sure about which direction to go. CD2 or CD1 seems to be way above what can fit in the pocket with already a large hole.

I am going to let things stay at Samsung for a few weeks, till i figure out which direction is better.

I considered the 07 as well, but did not audition/listen to it and the preamp feature of the 1s won out in the end though I doubt I will use that feature. Regardless both the 07 and the 1s have digitial inputs so one can take advantage of the built in DAC using another source component - say a music server - which in itself justifies the price IMO by making these players somewhat obsolesence proof.
Anyways good luck with your search, you have some great equipment.
Cheers
Sid

what's the price range for these cdps?
I considered the 07 as well, but did not audition/listen to it and the preamp feature of the 1s won out in the end though I doubt I will use that feature. Regardless both the 07 and the 1s have digitial inputs so one can take advantage of the built in DAC using another source component - say a music server - which in itself justifies the price IMO by making these players somewhat obsolesence proof.
Cheers
Sid

CD 07 may be just a tad above a lakh.

The Shindo has arrived and seems padded up a lot. Havent yet opened the carton. Waiting for Khartago which is due tomorrow or day after.

Cables next.

Cheers
Sid

Has anybody listened to Ayon CD07 & CD1 and compared them?

I believe the CD1s is approx. 1.6 - 1.7lac (it is $4k in the US), not too sure of the 07 or the CD2.
Cheers
Sid

I don't think money is a problem here..its his first hi fi stereo system and he has already spent close to 1.5 Lacs :yahoo::yahoo:

Keep it up..we need to hit the GDP target of 10%

I don't think money is a problem here..its his first hi fi stereo system and he has already spent close to 1.5 Lacs :yahoo::yahoo:

Keep it up..we need to hit the GDP target of 10%

I was not suggesting that money is a problem by any means - I was merely pointing out the cost of the player.
Cheers
Sid

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back