The Midrange and detail king - Diamond Mishra, Indiqaudio - Review

I think he is going to invoice it for $35 (2.5K) and going to add it along with the shipment. So in the worst-case scenario, if duty is charged at 50-60% of the invoice amount we might end up paying Rs 1200-1500 for duty
Kindly post name of the DAC you peoples are talking about... A link to purchase same shall be better also..

Thanks a lot @Nikhil for unlocking the thread.
There are couple of updates I would like to give which might benefit the users.

1. DAC... The DAC...! : I'm an old school guy who grew up with audio cassettes and CDs and I felt, digital never matches analog in reproduction!
Boy..! was I wrong..?
(There was a separate thread which confirms my ideas! | https://www.hifivision.com/threads/effect-of-dacs-on-a-system.84487/) certainly got an idea about things.
Came across the discussion of R2R dacs and its fan following..! started to do some study and research and was very curious to try one. …. and found one..! (Spoiler! Its so good, a separate review is coming soon)

View attachment 61599
What you are seeing guys are one of the smallest Discreet R2R DACs known (to me).. which supports 24bit and 384khz NOS.
Was very skeptical on the performance of this and how much it might benefit from my existing cirrus logic chip.
First I have to take the reference of this! Borrowed an ananda and JDL EL IIs from a friend and started playing around with it..
Listening to same track until I could remember all peaks and valleys, switched to this setup powered by Rpi 4, powered by moode (Which has a native support for this DAC) and boy o boy! the R2R fans just got added by 1!
Ran to my Norge amp (Do not underestimate by its cost! if you go by its simplicity, have a look at firstwatt!) (OT; a good writeup on it here: http://norge-1000-gold-stereo-amplifier.blogspot.com/), Hooked with allo interconnects and AB CL2 cables! Now I can hear the details which needed concentration to find, easily noticeable! what it makes? a h** of a difference. I was worried that the mishras might not be able to keep up with this.
The mishras are clearly able to keep up and asserts one thing which I found earlier. This speaker is transparent!

2. Cables: They do make a difference!* (*Provided you have an equipment which can show the difference!) Got a set of Belden 8477! swapped between amazon basics CL2 cables (These are pure OFC ones twisted and encased in white polymer(!) ! and yes.. there is a change in sound! and in a good way!
I believe cables work like a mini crossover, its combination of resistance and inductance, do play a role on shaping the signature of sound!
Just to confirm its not a placebo, switched Mishras to my old Pioneer BS22! No discernable difference between AB & Belden! back again to mishras, there is difference! Yup! this speaker is well resolving to make audible differences on cables!

Every experiment just assures one thing on mishras, this is a nice resolving and transparent speaker which can be flexed to suit your tase by changing the components on the chain! (I've auditioned and tried many speakers, and not a lot can do that!)

Thanks again for unlocking the thread, and request others to kindly drive inside the lane!

P.S. There is a tube pre-amp and power amp test in progress! will update later.
Where did you get those Belden 8477 cables from ?

Thanks a lot @Nikhil for unlocking the thread.
There are couple of updates I would like to give which might benefit the users.

1. DAC... The DAC...! : I'm an old school guy who grew up with audio cassettes and CDs and I felt, digital never matches analog in reproduction!
Boy..! was I wrong..?
(There was a separate thread which confirms my ideas! | https://www.hifivision.com/threads/effect-of-dacs-on-a-system.84487/) certainly got an idea about things.
Came across the discussion of R2R dacs and its fan following..! started to do some study and research and was very curious to try one. …. and found one..! (Spoiler! Its so good, a separate review is coming soon)

View attachment 61599
What you are seeing guys are one of the smallest Discreet R2R DACs known (to me).. which supports 24bit and 384khz NOS.
Was very skeptical on the performance of this and how much it might benefit from my existing cirrus logic chip.
First I have to take the reference of this! Borrowed an ananda and JDL EL IIs from a friend and started playing around with it..
Listening to same track until I could remember all peaks and valleys, switched to this setup powered by Rpi 4, powered by moode (Which has a native support for this DAC) and boy o boy! the R2R fans just got added by 1!
Ran to my Norge amp (Do not underestimate by its cost! if you go by its simplicity, have a look at firstwatt!) (OT; a good writeup on it here: http://norge-1000-gold-stereo-amplifier.blogspot.com/), Hooked with allo interconnects and AB CL2 cables! Now I can hear the details which needed concentration to find, easily noticeable! what it makes? a h** of a difference. I was worried that the mishras might not be able to keep up with this.
The mishras are clearly able to keep up and asserts one thing which I found earlier. This speaker is transparent!

2. Cables: They do make a difference!* (*Provided you have an equipment which can show the difference!) Got a set of Belden 8477! swapped between amazon basics CL2 cables (These are pure OFC ones twisted and encased in white polymer(!) ! and yes.. there is a change in sound! and in a good way!
I believe cables work like a mini crossover, its combination of resistance and inductance, do play a role on shaping the signature of sound!
Just to confirm its not a placebo, switched Mishras to my old Pioneer BS22! No discernable difference between AB & Belden! back again to mishras, there is difference! Yup! this speaker is well resolving to make audible differences on cables!

Every experiment just assures one thing on mishras, this is a nice resolving and transparent speaker which can be flexed to suit your tase by changing the components on the chain! (I've auditioned and tried many speakers, and not a lot can do that!)

Thanks again for unlocking the thread, and request others to kindly drive inside the lane!

P.S. There is a tube pre-amp and power amp test in progress! will update later.

@Thirumalkumaran Did you ever get a chance to post your review of this DAC?

TBH, I didn't go through all the conversation, but with whatever I read can say this - speaker designing thankfully is still more of an art and less of science. Over my 20+ year journey the most valuable skills you can ever develop is listening skills. If you can listen and analyze your design, then fixing the issues imo is not very difficult. Without proper training , exposure/ experience listening skills are very difficult to develop and unfortunately there is no tutorial for that either.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back