The Most Expensive Speakers in the World:

flat_listener

There is one common thread that runs through all these uber expensive speakers. All of them are unbelievably ugly. I wouldn't park them in my home even if they pay me money to do it.

There is one common thread that runs through all these uber expensive speakers. All of them are unbelievably ugly. I wouldn't park them in my home even if they pay me money to do it.
Beauty is subjective; but all these are usually ‘new age / futuristic’ looking - I wonder why! Hardly ever see any of them in classic looks.

If a 15 year old speaker design is still valid and much appreciated, what is futuristic design and what it brings. trying to find what it is all about ?? physics doesn’t change, frequency range that a human ear can hear doesn’t change. Speaker is one component in the chain but important though. So what do these designs bring ??

If someone is paying upwards of $250,000 they wouldnt want these to look like every other speaker. Its like if a million dollar car looks like the $30000 car, there wouldnt be many takers irrespective of the engine or interiors. To many of these buyers, these are a lifestyle product.

But some of these like the Focal Grand Utopia do look stunning, atleast to me.

BarrenJadedIcelandichorse-max-1mb.gif

Its like if a million dollar car looks like the $30000 car, there wouldnt be many takers irrespective of the engine or interiors. To many of these buyers, these are a lifestyle product.
I agree. Their uniqueness and bespoke rarity is part of the appeal. Many of the owners would not be enjoying any significant music at all. It's like a a 75 year old billionaire having a Bugatti Veyron in his garage, just because he can.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back