The new Polk Reserve 200: worth a consideration?

Enkay78

So a budget of

Rs 60k for Polk Reserve 200 pair
Rs 17k for Sabaj a20a (probably Rs 20k after customs perhaps?)

With a Topping D10….or a EX5

Audiophile on budget, perhaps?

Off topic :ppersonally for me I am really thinking of buying 2 Sabaj a20a …..use these as bi-amps - drive my Klipsch RP8000F. Use my Sabaj D5/ Topping D90se.
Again thinking out loud. (I am actually impressed by Sabaj more. Their build quality impress me more than Topping :)

I listened to Legend series, they were incredible except for a slightly recessed vocals. The Reserve should be able to compete or even better other options in it's price range if Polk retained much of the qualities of Legend series.

So I wouldn't dismiss these Polks without an audition.

It looks like Polk really nailed this... The build quality is impressive.

Cannot disagree.

I was never a fan of Polk audio. Mainly lean towards KEF especially the R series.

But this R200 is something interesting......the design and more so the measurements. Shows the engineering and acoustics that went into manufacturing it.

I Finally got my pair of Reserve 200 + Reserve 400 center for my HT. ...all I can say is it sounds phenomenal in my room. The clarity and accuracy and soundstage is something I haven't heard in this price point
hi, how much did you pay for the r200? and which dealer? Do you know any dealer in Kolkata where I can audition these or the r100s?

hi, how much did you pay for the r200? and which dealer? Do you know any dealer in Kolkata where I can audition these or the r100s?
I got the R200's for approx 55k From Mr. Prateek at Total AV solutions. I couldn't find any place for them to audition in Kolkata, so had to take a blind dive going by the reviews...and I like the sound signature, staging and imaging very much ...still breaking it down, as everyone says they need atlest 100 hrs of play to get them fully opened up....I'm halfway there

I got the R200's for approx 55k From Mr. Prateek at Total AV solutions. I couldn't find any place for them to audition in Kolkata, so had to take a blind dive going by the reviews...and I like the sound signature, staging and imaging very much ...still breaking it down, as everyone says they need atlest 100 hrs of play to get them fully opened up....I'm halfway there
Hey buddy, i bought r200 for L/R and r,400, for centre of my ht and going to buy denon 4700h for avr is it gonna be loud enough if i sit 16 ft away and whats your reciever?. Need assistance 😅

Hey buddy, i bought r200 for L/R and r,400, for centre of my ht and going to buy denon 4700h for avr is it gonna be loud enough if i sit 16 ft away and whats your reciever?. Need assistance 😅
My receiver is 3700h , my listening position is 10ft from the front stage, my listening volume is max -10 db to - 8db ....for normal tv viewing and music I usually listen at -15 db .....my room is 12x13x10 ft. I'm running 5.1.4 configuration.

I guess it depends on your room size and the SPL amount you need, so it all depends on your setup conditions. If you find the 4700h lacking the spl you need then in future you can always add a power amp.

My receiver is 3700h , my listening position is 10ft from the front stage, my listening volume is max -10 db to - 8db ....for normal tv viewing and music I usually listen at -15 db .....my room is 12x13x10 ft. I'm running 5.1.4 configuration.

I guess it depends on your room size and the SPL amount you need, so it all depends on your setup conditions. If you find the 4700h lacking the spl you need then in future you can always add a power amp.
Thanks alot for the suggestion. was about to buy 4700h Just got a phenomenal deal and got a used 7 year yamaha aventage 3040 for cheap XD it has atmos and stuff i need for way less. i hope i dont need external amp now but also dont wanna overrrun the avr as the speakers are 4ohms and i am using 5.1.4 setup. any suggestion for good external amp for the r200 to go mildly loud for action scenes if i need one. <3

Back