'The radio master' simple internet radio player

kaushik

I have recently tried radio master 1.4 -simple internet radio player. with recording ..plays w/o hick ups.

lightweight app,plays very well with channel list and TV too.

recording feature is pretty cool , put record (ctrl-r)
it will make mp3.. keep listening side by side.

kaushik does it have a digital out, so I can connect with my DAC.

Kindest regards,
--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakres: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

kaushik does it have a digital out, so I can connect with my DAC.

Kindest regards,
--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakres: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Helium - Kaushik is talking about a software player. Not a physical one.

I've been using Total Recorder to listen to and record radio for years. It is good, but it is not free, and its drivers can cause problems. I'll certainly take a look at Radio Master.

I think that many of the media players will play from a URL, making them into radio players. Anyway, I'm interested to see what radio master has to offer; thanks for the recommendation.

heliumflight,

as thevortex said.. its a software only player , but there are fully hardware internet radios as u might be knowing

Aluratek AIRMM01 ,
Coby Ir850 and Logitech Squeezebox Radio
logitech-squeezebox-radio.jpg

All these run without PC and give u access to thousands of stations all for free

Thad E Ginathom,
there are many players ,i liked this as it consumes less resources...also simple.

Last edited:
Warning

Not 100% sure that this was the culprit, but fairly sure that installing this led to various unwanted "ebay" (I did not click on them) icons on menus and desktops, and a very unwanted Forex pop-under when starting Firefox.

I guess I'm lucky, first that I never before got anything unwanted from downloaded software, and second, this thing doesn't seem (fingers crossed) to be too nasty. Have run Spybot S&D and also cleared away cookies etc with ccleaner.

Last edited:
Warning

Not 100% sure that this was the culprit, but fairly sure that installing this led to various unwanted "ebay" (I did not click on them) icons on menus and desktops, and a very unwanted Forex pop-under when starting Firefox.

I guess I'm lucky, first that I never before got anything unwanted from downloaded software, and second, this thing doesn't seem (fingers crossed) to be too nasty. Have run Spybot S&D and also cleared away cookies etc with ccleaner.

Thad ,
why dont u download from softpedia :mad:, other sites may have spyware loaded installer . This is the link :
Download Radio Master 1.4 - Play and record radio in mp3 format. - Softpedia

surfing... and enjoying jazz..via RadioMaster
no hanging..
channel: DR JAZZ
music genre:jazz

Other channels i kept as favorite
Radio Caroline
Radiosaven
VOA music live

there are 3000+ free channels ..the player comes with 600 channels links i think,
one can add more ..

Maybe I'm missing the boat... but why would anyone listen to internet radio considering the low bitrates for the music as well as not having any control over what's being played.

I guess discovering new acts/music could be a consideration but then again how much of the actual music played on radio leads to the discovery of new artists and music... probably in the range of 2-3%. I remember I used to watch MTV Top 20 from US and Europe back in the day and it was the same scene... I'd probably follow up on 2-3% of the new music/musicians they would air.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back