The Rs.50K 50% Speaker Shootout

Which speaker brand would you recommend in the Rs.50K 50% range?

• Definitive Technology

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Energy

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Wharfedale

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • KEF

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Q Acoustics

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Mission

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Mordaunt-Short

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Jamo

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters
Hi starunj,

This is a wonderful thread and i appreciate the effort you have put in for your self and for reference of others....

I'm quite keen to know...

1. Which 5.1 Setup did you finally buy after your research...??

2. For how much ??

3. And Most Importantly..... "Why...??"

Thanks

Hi starunj,

This is a wonderful thread and i appreciate the effort you have put in for your self and for reference of others....

I'm quite keen to know...

1. Which 5.1 Setup did you finally buy after your research...??

2. For how much ??

3. And Most Importantly..... "Why...??"

Thanks

nothing was bought - nothing was gained

and no body learned nothing

Last edited:
Hi,

I got the B&W 685 Theater. The main reason was the price in Singapore - where I got it - was ~Rs.50K cheaper than in India. It was worth the trouble of lugging the speakers back home.

In any case, you're right about the list / survey not being instrumental in my decision. However, I had fun doing it and think that it might help a random person here and there.

Hey, atleast I'm not shagging around posting pointless comments or participating in a circle jerk ;)

Take it easy, my fellow audio nirvana seekers! Have fun and never forget what Mr. Ganesh Natrajan says: great speakers do not compensate for a crappy taste in music.

I see this thread is a bit old now and the prices mentioned in the spreadhseet would be outdated...can everyone update the spreadsheet with latest speakers and prices which you guys know?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back