The saddest song

It is undoubtedly peculiar that none wants to be sad yet we look before, after and pine for what is not. Again as P.B. shelley in his magnum opus To a skylark sums up , our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought. There are many sad songs sung by many artists , from K.L.Saigal to Kishore da and many more. I don't believe in the superlative adjective for this particular type of song. But to me Saigal's Jab dil hi toot gaya, Rafi's Kabhi khud pe , Mukeshji's jeena jahan marna , kishore da 's dukhi mon mere, and last but not the least Lata Didi's Mere waton ki logon are some songs that can easily touch the sentimental chord of any sensible person. In bengali basic songs one can find sad tunes.
Regards

It is undoubtedly peculiar that none wants to be sad yet we look before, after and pine for what is not. Again as P.B. shelley in his magnum opus To a skylark sums up , our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought

Or , in the words on Neil Diamond,

Me and you are subject to
The blues now and then
But when you take the blues
And make a song
You sing 'em out again

Song sung blue, weeping like a willow
Song sung blue, sleeping on my pillow
Funny thing,
But you can sing it with a cry in your voice
And before you know it start to feeling good
You simply got no choice

Two western songs that came to my mind immediately upon seeing the title of the thread:

Sticking to Western cuz Indian songs are far too numerous to list

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back