The Wait is Over !!

vinod_david

Banned
Banned
Hi.

Finally, I have my MA RS6 in my living room after a 5-month long wait, coz of shipping and customs delay with Chennai distributor. I had indeed paid my advance 5 months back and at that time I had my CA 640A V2 and 640C V2 brought from UK new, but because of this delay in RS6 I had to keep them without any use :(

Today, went to Audio People, took delivery of Walnut MA RS6 :D, set it up with CA combo. Lovely sweet sound, huge bass straight out of box, wow, i wonder how they sound after fully run in, i thought CA and MA had lovely synergy (IMO). Heard for 2 hours without a break, and still wanted to hear it more, more. Actually, was very much impressed with the room-filling sound of RS6, got a 12 x 24 x 9 living room, tile flooring, such small speakers filling the entire room with lovely sound is amazing.

Further update and pictures in a bit.:)

Hey Vinod,

I did read your previous post recently, hey, you are enjoying now and please post the pics soon. Donno when I get to audition these speakers here in Hyderabad.

Also, tell us what to look for in the speakers specifically when auditioning. Sorry if this is a lame request. If you don't mind compared against Dali IKON 6, KEF IQ9 what to look....? i.e if you have listened and narrowed to and then MA RS6. Of course you would have, right.

I see a lot of movies so if you can tell more in that line, great help.

Enjjoyy!!!

anooj you can demo MA at Sound & Vision located on the corner of the old airport. They also have a place at Babukhan mall which was being renovated when I last went over.

Congrats and enjoy the new system breaking in :) am sure its a great feeling !

its a nice system so enjoy playing around with placements to get the right sound ..
Hi.

Finally, I have my MA RS6 in my living room after a 5-month long wait, coz of shipping and customs delay with Chennai distributor. I had indeed paid my advance 5 months back and at that time I had my CA 640A V2 and 640C V2 brought from UK new, but because of this delay in RS6 I had to keep them without any use :(

Today, went to Audio People, took delivery of Walnut MA RS6 :D, set it up with CA combo. Lovely sweet sound, huge bass straight out of box, wow, i wonder how they sound after fully run in, i thought CA and MA had lovely synergy (IMO). Heard for 2 hours without a break, and still wanted to hear it more, more. Actually, was very much impressed with the room-filling sound of RS6, got a 12 x 24 x 9 living room, tile flooring, such small speakers filling the entire room with lovely sound is amazing.

Further update and pictures in a bit.:)

Congrats Vinod for your new MA pair. Now pay special attention to speaker placement and some cheap yet effective room acoustic tweaks. You are all set.

Hey Vinod,

I did read your previous post recently, hey, you are enjoying now and please post the pics soon. Donno when I get to audition these speakers here in Hyderabad.

Also, tell us what to look for in the speakers specifically when auditioning. Sorry if this is a lame request. If you don't mind compared against Dali IKON 6, KEF IQ9 what to look....? i.e if you have listened and narrowed to and then MA RS6. Of course you would have, right.

I see a lot of movies so if you can tell more in that line, great help.

Enjjoyy!!!

Thanx Anooj. Yeah, indeed, listened to lots of FS before buying RS6, auditioned Diamond 9.5, MS 906i, KEF IQ5, KEF IQ9, and MA RS6.

Diamond 9.5 and MS 906i were very good, for that price, and so too KEF IQ9, but didn't like KEF IQ5. But, I was looking for something different, a complete refined speaker, even in low volume that has deep bass and clear vocals, and yes indeed i could find them in MA RS6, female vocals were very true like from RS6, and the highlight being the bass, it goes very deep i liked it, the music was very very rich overall.

Now, Dali Ikon 6 i never heard, but many people preferred Ikon 6 to RS 6 when compared side by side. So, you better audition all of them before taking the plunge.:)

Congrats Vinod for your new MA pair. Now pay special attention to speaker placement and some cheap yet effective room acoustic tweaks. You are all set.

Thanx SuhasG, initially i moved the speakers a lot for better sound, but now kept the left speaker 20 cm from back and side wall, but the right speaker is quite far from the wall, coz theres a main entrance door, and distance between speakers is 5 feet, and i sit 9 feet from speakers.

The sound is good, but when I stand and roam around, in some places I hear deep bass, why is that ?

Are the above palcements fine ?? and what tweaks can i make to further improve sound, please help.:)

Thanx SuhasG, initially i moved the speakers a lot for better sound, but now kept the left speaker 20 cm from back and side wall, but the right speaker is quite far from the wall, coz theres a main entrance door, and distance between speakers is 5 feet, and i sit 9 feet from speakers.

The sound is good, but when I stand and roam around, in some places I hear deep bass, why is that ?

Are the above palcements fine ?? and what tweaks can i make to further improve sound, please help.:)

20 cm from the wall is not enough at all - consider pulling them at least 20 inches away from the wall. Also, do a very slight toe-in -- about 10 degrees or so. This should help the sound quite a bit.

Vinod, this is because you have what are called standing waves in your room. There are two walls that are reflecting and re-reflecting low frequencies against each other. You need to remove the reflections or provide some sort of bass traps in the corners.

Read the following link:

http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/1870-fs-bs-200-ft-room-size.html

Cheers

Congratulations vinod and particleman. Fine speakers.
Particleman the A70 Arcam integrateds are made in england and sound as good as the Primare and at the current prices are a HIFI bargain.
Hope these speakers provide both of u years of service.
Regards
DK

Vinod, this is because you have what are called standing waves in your room. There are two walls that are reflecting and re-reflecting low frequencies against each other. You need to remove the reflections or provide some sort of bass traps in the corners.

Read the following link:

http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/1870-fs-bs-200-ft-room-size.html

Cheers

Thanx venkat, actually this is a living room, and am planning to repaint the whole house, may be i can put some bass traps, and hide it with paint. i need your esteemed presence at my house during that time to guide me:)

Congratulations vinod and particleman. Fine speakers.
Particleman the A70 Arcam integrateds are made in england and sound as good as the Primare and at the current prices are a HIFI bargain.
Hope these speakers provide both of u years of service.
Regards
DK

Thanx Dinyaar, yeah am planning to keep the speakers for a long time, and changing amp after a year may be. This 640A V2 is doing a great job indeed, actually underestimated it a lot :D

On the other hand, 640C V2 is simply brilliant, sound is crystal clear.:rolleyes:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back